Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (219128)

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33562162 - 1 month ago

In reply to likemice

As a framing device. It's the in-universe explanation, and it serves to further the lore. Plus the uncertainty means there's more interesting stuff to work with than if it were 100% valid. To be clear I don't think it's completely false, just not completely true, nor meant to be taken as such. Heck, to further the theory, then it requires the parts about the two being brothers, and calling a truce to certainly be wrong. And how do you explain the inconsistancies with Grimm? 

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33562167 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

Inconsistencies?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33562170 - 1 month ago

In reply to likemice

Well look at it like this- the Grimm were created to go after the creations of life correct? The trees and animals as they are visually represented. But Grimm only attack humans. Humans who were a joint creation between the two brothers, who are only one half or one quarter light. Shouldn't Humans therefore be the last thing the Grimm would attack? Why don't we ever see them attack anything besides man and mans creations? And if they are drawn to destroy creations of light, shouldn't they be drawn by positive, and not negative emotions? There origin is completely inconsistent with reality, leading me to believe the rest of the myth has likewise fault to it.

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33562173 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

Sounds like you're just over-analyzing.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33562174 - 1 month ago

In reply to likemice

Yes. Isn't that the point of these threads?

• Dimithemerc

Dimithemerc FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33562186 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

Maybe the Grimm attack humans because it's Salem's will?  Or maybe the Grimm are jealous of humanity's ability to create and destroy?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33562187 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

pgWGz1.gif

• Vohxus

Vohxus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Knight of the Ebon Blade

#33562194 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Anything with 40K deserves a +1

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33562197 - 1 month ago

Just because the story as it's told by Qrow has inconsistencies doesn't means it doesn't have a basis in reality. Maybe the details got fudged over the centuries. Maybe the Grimm did originally kill everything the light brother made but started targetting humans specifically for some reason we don't know yet, likely to do with Salem's story and motivation. Remember, there's been a lot of time between the creation of the world and the modern day for Grimm to change their MO.

The discrepancy between the original purpose of the Grimm and their current MO intrigues me, but I don't think it's a plot hole or the sign that the Brothers are just a legend. I think it's deliberate, and I think the Salem-shapes reason behind it all is going to be very interesting once it all comes to light.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33562217 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

My thinking is that elements are true, there were likely feuding entities of great power that are related to the Relics, and the nature of Grimm, but it's mostly people working backwards to explain what is already there (like most myths) but ultimately we aren't meant to be thinking what we are told is 100% accurate or based in reality.

In reply to Dimithemerc

Again counting on information we don't have.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33562334 - 1 month ago

Question: How old is Ruby?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33562341 - 1 month ago

In reply to BlackRose99

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33562342 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Thank you

• Chrissonic5

Chrissonic5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33564486 - 1 month ago

when is the next episode?

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33564488 - 1 month ago

In reply to Chrissonic5

Autumn

• Chrissonic5

Chrissonic5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33564489 - 1 month ago

thank you. And darn. That's so long 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33564863 - 1 month ago

In reply to Chrissonic5

We'll at least have Chibi in the meantime.

• Garro

Garro

#33564867 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

And RvB.

• Splinted

Splinted

#33578733 - 2 weeks ago

After watching the new chibi trailer, I got to thinking about Penny or more specifically why she was built. At first the only answer I could come up with for why Atlas needed a combat robot capable of housing aura that looked like a fifteen year old girl was to use her as some form of infiltrator or spy, but to me none of these answers were satisfactory. I got the advantages of an aura capable combat machine but what I didn't get was why she was human looking. But then it occurred to me, she wasn't just a human, she was a human female. She wasn't just a robot designed to house an aura she was a robot designed to house a very specific aura. Penny was built to be a Maiden. Ironwood was trying to build a synthetic Maiden, one that would be more durable and capable, and absolutely loyal, than any other Maiden. Her involvement in the Vital Festival was a field test of her body and I doubt she was built specifically for Amber, it's possible she could have taken Pyrrha's place, had Ozpin known about her. The biggest question this theory leaves is why didn't Ironwood want Ozpin to know about Penny?   

• likemice

#33578821 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Splinted

I don't think that's it at all. Penny said she was built by her father, presumably being that mostly bald guy we saw we saw for about two seconds watching the broadcast from Atlas. I think the old guy just wanted a daughter, but couldn't conceive himself for some reason or another, so he built a kid with an aura and everything, as close as he could to being a human of flesh and blood.

• Splinted

Splinted

#33578836 - 2 weeks ago

Yes, Penny was built by her father but it is very clear she was built for the Atlas military. Her father's reason for building her and Atlas' reason for funding the project are probably two very different things. It is a very common real world practice for the military to fund private research groups in return for access to the products from that project. Meaning Penny's father's reason for developing Penny could be to act as a surrogate daughter but Ironwood's reason for funding the research would be to gain access to the new tech for his own purposes.          

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33579096 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Splinted

In reply to likemice

Like Astroboy (the CG movie, I haven't seen enough of the original, I'm afraid). Dr Whats-his-name wanted his boy back, while the others added military tech in order to have a super-soldier of sorts. If this is what happened, some headbutting between Ironwood and Dr Polendina could be interesting - Penny being a child, his child, vs Penny being a soldier.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33579118 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Splinted

Possibly. The way I looked at it was if they had wanted to make I real military bot, they would have made it look like Arnie. So I always thought it was more about Dr. Polendina wanting a daughter, and Ironwood letting him so Penny is more of a proof-of-concept than anything else.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33579268 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to HumanoidTypeGrimm

I think that requires a touch more censoring.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33579308 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to SAmaster

"Touch more" is an understatement; it's against forum rules and it needs to be taken down.

I mean, Jesus Christ, there are minors on this forum. (Hell, even as an adult I don't wanna see that shit.)