Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (82831)

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33574454 - 3 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Just gonna say, she's not small, nor is she irrelevant 

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33574457 - 3 months ago

So I'm going to take a break from sulking around the upper floors of the library to give a little prompt. I've been holding on to this one for a while, but what is your favorite pairing of your OCs? If I'm going to extend this a little, what is your favorite OC relationship that has grown over the years? Go into the emotions, make it detailed.

Relationships are a beautiful thing.

Edit: Location

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33574473 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Currently I'm pretty well swept up in both Catmint (Alondra x Seda) and Forest Fire (Hai x Hickory) right now. I like all of my OC ships, though; wouldn't have them be a thing if I didn't.

For non-romantic ships, though, Fluorite (Bora Eodum and Llyr Uaine of Team CABL) have such a fun dynamic.

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33574493 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Well what makes the dynamic fun? Is it something you really enjoy writing?

• PerunTakashi

PerunTakashi

#33574494 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

What about a Oc x Oc ships?  is that taboo

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33574498 - 3 months ago

In reply to PerunTakashi

Like, just pairing off your own OCs? Or shipping your OCs with other people's OCs? Because I'd definitely get permission for the latter, but the former is just... well writing a pairing.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33574508 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

The latter sounds like asking for trouble. 

• PerunTakashi

PerunTakashi

#33574522 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

but i wanna see the world burn my dude, the latter

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33574526 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

How so? If both parties agree there is nothing wrong with it I thought? 

Jy and I had an OC pairing with Lilie and Argent (tho idk if that is still a thing or not, it's been a while)

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33574529 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Well, I have a ship named "Victory" that is my OC + another's OC. I'm pretty sure I have permission.

I do plan on pairing my own OC's, Xanna and Olivia. I have some pretty good ideas.

I also have kicked around giving Victoria some kind of relationship with someone named Maya. Nothing developed for that one other than the name.

• Malochroma

#33574530 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

*cough* Gawain/Rekka *cough*

But, yeah, I was referring more in the collaborative sense more than anything, thus the emphasis on "permission first yo." If someone decided to just up and pair up their character with, say, Bora, I'd be pretty annoyed at them.

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33574547 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

//kicks ship out the window

• PerunTakashi

PerunTakashi

#33574550 - 3 months ago

I did it. everyone is burning now

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33574558 - 3 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

It was worth a shot.

In reply to GenErick64

You should probably make sure you have permission.

• DisneyDCFan

DisneyDCFan Ace of Hearts

#33574569 - 3 months ago

I feel like I haven't really spent enough time on my OCs' current stories (I tend to focus more on their backstories) to be able to even tell who would be attracted to whom. I'm not sure if I want Chandra to be interested in a romantic relationship or not (though their Semblance would more than likely make them absolutely capable of having romantic feelings for anyone). I kind of like the idea of Chandra and Lucian, but for some reason I see Lucian as being heterosexual so he may not be interested in an agender person, not to mention he still isn't exactly too fond of Humans. 

Neither Garnet nor Tierra are nearly developed enough to make any decisions like that, either.

As for MRTL, I bro-ship Myuna and Lyle, and I like the idea of Myuna x Reed, though Reed isn't developed enough outside of my own little unwritten headcanons for him to necessarily be able to have him fully commit to anyone, especially since literally no one knows his true identity, not even his teammates. So yeah. Shipping between my OCs doesn't really seem possible right now.

Though I wonder if anyone else's OCs would find any of mine interesting? I should probably repost/update them soon.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33574582 - 3 months ago

In reply to likemice

I think I'm safe at the moment

( In addition to my earlier post)

I can't believe that I forgot about James and Thera. I mean, they only had a kid together.

• PaulHikari

PaulHikari

#33574629 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Well, none of my OCs are in any romantic relationships, but Azura ships NJ and Aqua together, both of whom deny being involved. The fandom would probably call the pairing "Tudor" after the ruling family of the United Kingdom following the War of the Roses. Kin, meanwhile, may or may not have feelings for Idunn, the middle child of the Ren's Nest. That pairing would either be called "Fuji" or "Golden Delicious" after two types of apples.

Which reminds me. I should get working on the Ren siblings...

• Clemokitty

Clemokitty

#33574708 - 3 months ago

Team Summary!

(Probably should have posted this before Nilla but whatever) (Also Hanlon means light/warrior according to this :3 http://names.mooseroots.com/d/i/Light)

TEAM NAME: NCKL

REFERENCE: Colour of the metal nickel

Leader: Nilla Hanlon - Tactician

Members: Ciane Troi - Berserker, Kuchi Iro Neko - Mop-up crew, Freya Lapys - Dust fanatic/ranger

Type: Team of Faunus from Beacon

Strategies and Fighting Style: Nilla usually assesses the situation and makes the best plan that she can think of. Usually this means assassination (killing it before it notices you), much to the disappointment of Ciane.

Ciane is the tank berserker. He chose the role himself, and is surprisingly good at it. He mostly uses the railgun mode of his weapon. He's a little trigger happy in combat.

Kuchi is the mop-up. She comes in after the big fight to pick off the last few that the team missed. Usually this means chasing them away, as Kuchi never likes dealing the final blow.

Freya is the ranger. She also supplies dust to her teammates. She usually snipes from a high tree using her semblance as a scope.

Nilla and Freya work the best together, taking out the enemy fast and without fear. Ciane usually just does his own thing. Kuchi also works well with Freya, but not as well as Nilla. Nilla taunts the enemy to lead them into traps where Ciane should be waiting. A lot of the time this doesn't work and Freya has to shoot ice dust to stop the opponent moving.

Associates: NCKL are students at Beacon, but (spoilers) they get moved to Haven when the academy falls.

History: Freya and Kuchi were partners in the Emerald forest and Nilla and Ciane were as well. They chose the black knight at initiation and Ciane was not impressed to be prancing around the forest with Nilla.

I can't get the associates section to go un-bold

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33574710 - 3 months ago

I feel like Tykva probably has a crush on Amber. And I also see Bibi and Liam get something. But I'm not sure about any of that yet.

• Xyonai

Xyonai Nephilim

#33574714 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Calida has a pretty big Crush on Ashlyn (The tall, mysterious type really gets her going, and the shyness is a big plus on the cute factor) and their closeness as friend/partners has only grown more intense since team CHAR came to be.  Though Ashlyn isn't aware of such, but considers the team leader her closest friend.   Though the relationship dynamic changes somewhat just before / during the Battle of Beacon, but I've not mapped out the small details just yet.

She actually had something of a 'Crush at first sight' with Nieth too, but found herself sobering up when she realized that spider-girl was a bit too 'intense' for her.

• Clemokitty

Clemokitty

#33574719 - 3 months ago

Basic Information

Name: Nilla Hanlon

Nickname:  (If none, leave blank)

Race: Faunus – Fox Tail

Symbol: Fox with tail up curled around a trident - light brown fox/trident – the fox represents her race (faunus) and the trident represents her weapon

Affiliation(s): Attends Haven Academy

The Character’s Appearance

Height: 165cm

Weight: 54kg

Eye Colour: Light blue

Hair: Short, cream-coloured – not quite white

Complexion: Slightly tanned

About The Character

Handedness: Lefty

Clothing: Jacket, cropped tank with crossed neck, thin stockings, shorts and sneakers

Outfit Colours: White, brown, blue and black

Physical Characteristics: Small nose, obviously self-trimmed eyebrows, large feet and relatively thin, muscly enough to use her pole vault effectively

Accessories: Bracelet

Personality:

Nilla May is a flirty girl who loves nothing more than making slightly inappropriate jokes that nobody else understands. She tries to make everything as neat as possible, but sometimes goes a little overboard. When the dorms were given, she made sure that the beds became bunk beds, but did so with the help of Kuchi’s bo staff in its “soldering” mode. She applied to Haven because she wanted adventure and some new people to hang out with. She says things so quickly that sometimes you can’t understand her, but when on the battlefield she is very calm, analysing the situation then leading the enemy into a trap. She is Team Leader because she is confident and can figure her way around things, even under pressure. Also the other members just aren’t cut out for it. Ciane: jerkface who thinks he’s funny and is never serious; Kuchi: naïve child who hates killing, only hurting, never dealing the final blow; Lapis: terrible communicator who stays on the sidelines, shooting from her bow.

Fear(s): Spiders, the colour red, the basement of her dad’s house

Likes: Music, Pizza, pancake eating wars with Ciane (Nilla always wins), green jellybeans

Dislikes: Grimm, the bottom bunk, curtains, pink jellybeans

Habit(s): Biting the inside of her mouth

Fatal Flaw(s): Her incessant “need” for pizza, her lack of any stealth whatsoever, EGO

Strengths: Metalworking, pole-vaulting, stabbing

Weaknesses: slashing, climbing, running (heels!)

Weapon

Weapon Name:

Weapon Description: Trident/pole-vault/triple-barrelled gun

Relationship with Others

(How people view your Character in General)

Friends: Kuchi Iro Neko, Ciane Troi, Freya Lapys,

Team: NCKL (Nickel): Nilla (leader), Ciane, Kuchi, Lapis

Enemy(ies):

The Character’s Abilities

Agility:    7/10

Swordsmanship:    3/10 (spearmanship is more like an 8)

Long Range Accuracy:   6/10

Defense:   5/10

Offense:   8/10

Aura:  9/10

People Skills:   7/10 (she thinks its 10/10)

Special Skill(s)/ Semblance:  

·       Night Vision (Faunus)

·       Copy Cat (Semblance)

The ability to copy another’s semblance through physical contact (only one at a time, missy) Created by Zs_skayr on RoosterTeeth forums

Brief History: 

Nilla was born, raised and taught in Mistral, and has been living there since. Her mother and father are still alive, but Nilla hasn’t seen her mother in 14 years. Her father helped design her weapon but challenged Nilla to forge it herself. She was able to create the “shell” (the main body of the weapon), but her father created the technology and mechanics. Her father noticed her skill in metalworking and honed it, but still refused to let there be a soldering iron on the end of her weapon.

When Nilla was 3, her mother left after giving birth to her baby brother Ross. Nilla, being a young, naïve child believed that her mother would come back, but she never did. Her older sister, Crème, told her not to fret, but Nilla waited by the door every day until her 10###sup/sup### birthday. Now, she only says things quickly in fear that the people she interacts with will leave too.

She used to attend Beacon, but when the school fell, she was moved to Haven, where she continues her studies.

Trivia:

Answered by Nilla

1.    How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

18 perhaps

2.    Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Failing!

3.    If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

Because they need to be done, and some things can’t be done. Or something.

4.    When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

No… yep.

5.    What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

Make Ciane disappear.

6.    If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Being a huntress. Duh.

7.    Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I believe in saving the world when it can’t save itself.

8.    If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

Applied to Signal sooner

9.    To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

Maybe 40%, my dad controls about 98% of the other 60%

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Doing it right.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?

Tell them to leave and comfort my friend. I don’t respect those people anymore.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Probably to make friends while you can… or something

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Nah

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

Pretty much all of Freya.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Everything……

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

Some people are allergic to pizza. Pizza makes me happy.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

Find my mother. I can’t push myself to do it. What would she say… or do, for that matter.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Probably my old teddy Blaph the giraffe.

19. If you had to move to a kingdom besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

Vacuo seems nice. It’s not Atlas and it’s not Vale. Poor Vale. ☹

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

Nope and nope.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

Simpleton? I’d rather be happy than stressed all the time.

22. Why are you, you?

‘Cause of genetics baby!

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Don’t know if I can be.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

Losing touch with a friend near me.

25. What are you most grateful for?

My dad.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Chuck those old ones in the trash!

27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

Yeah!

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?

Yes. My dad’s basement still exists.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?

Nope and probably yes.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?

When Crème read me an entire book in 3 weeks. I felt so special and she read so well!

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

On the battlefield fighting an Ursa. Really made me feal alive then.

32. If not now, then when?

What is this question?

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?

I have my life to lose…?

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?

Yes. Ross and I had those conversations all the time way back when.

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

‘Cause they hate other religions. Or something.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

If they are around, and not fighting, Salem, then they are, without a doubt, evil.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

Nope.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

I do enjoy my job. Jeez.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

Nope.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?

When I thought I could play violin. Didn’t end well, I can tell you that.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

My dad. Spend some quality time with him.

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

I don’t need to  wink

• GrisellJumpTJD

GrisellJumpTJD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33574784 - 3 months ago

After many people gave me flack on Vulcan,I decided to create a new character.

Here is my new character! 

Brock Brookvale (Late Australian motorsport legend Peter Brock,Brookvale NSW)

Nickname: Brocky

Alumni of Beacon Academy

Relationship with Winter Schnee

Faunus: Kangaroo

Clothes: Vary from Atlaian uniform,business suit,shirt,jeans,sneakers and mech suit similar to our world's Iron Man.

Robotic and weapons expert who worked with Ironwood in the build of Yang's prosthetic arm in Atlas and Project PENNY.

Semblance: Ability to release his aura to increase his strength similar to the Yang releases hers.

Aura: Gold

Weapons: Prosthetic arms with weapon capabilities which can turn from gun to sword with external side arms.

Personality: Quiet yet can get excited but will stand his ground against the Grimm and can beat you down in a fight by resting on his tail for a good double footed kick to his opponent whilst using his weaponry.

Trained at Beacon,Leader of Team BLAZE and trained with guidance of General Ironwood where he met Winter Schnee in Atlas studying warfare,weaponry and robotics few months after graduating from Beacon.

I'm still working on it but it sounds good so far plus he rides a prototype hovercycle

• Clemokitty

Clemokitty

#33574788 - 3 months ago

In reply to GriselllJumpTJD

Sounds good so far, just as a general rule, don't make to many relations with canon characters, as you may be shut down if something ends up clashing. Other than that, sounds pretty good.

Just a side note: I'm absolutely awful at this, so don't get sad if something I say is good ends up actually being the least relatable character ever.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33574820 - 3 months ago

In reply to Clemokitty

I'd say don't use a numerical stat system for your character's abilities.Nobody understands what those numbers mean, for all we know, an 8/10 in spearmanship could be nearing Hunter levels of skill. It's much more helpful to just describe your character's capabilities.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33574821 - 3 months ago

In reply to GriselllJumpTJD Ok first question why did you pick the name, what inspiration or reason did you have for it? Was it cause it has the work Rock in it which would fit the color rule or something else? Second question is related to Brock and Winter, I may dislike the relationship idea but if your going to stick with it at least add a background to how they met, why their a good pairing, and why Winter Schnee chose to date a Faunus when her family is known for having a slightly biased outlook on faunus. Third question why would someone who hails from beacon wear Atlas based clothes, why he has a mech suit when he already has prosthetic limbs, and when the only mech suits currently in Canon are the size of tanks. Fourth question how is his semblance any different from Yangs, you never stated how it's different and that makes me think you just wanted to say that your character is like yang but not really cause their so totally different and stuff. Fifth question how did he loose his arms, you never specified why he needs prosthetics, cause that can add to character development and personality. Sixth question why isn't his personality more fleshed out, you only have us one real character trait and that's it, give him some depth, flesh him out, make him feel like a real person. Seventh question and my final question....why would Ironwood the general of the Atlesian military train and become close enough with a former student of beacon to not only let him work on a top secret project that not even ozpin know about, allow him to use some prototype hover cycle, and use a suit of mech armor? Like seriously give us some background please, it makes it hard for me and probably others to understand how in the Two Brothers names he accomplished all this. I suggest asking for the unofficial template and use that to help revise, edit, and add to your character.