Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3553)

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682126 - 5 months ago

In reply to j.a.diablerie

Okay, now you're basically just saying that change in complexity makes no sense. It's like saying Coco's handbag turning into a MINIGUN makes no sense (which, mind you, is NOT part of a Semblance). I really don't know how else to put it, but this isn't even the most obscure of anything I've come up with, and I hadn't gotten complaints for ones that are more so. For instance, there's one with the Semblance to wield Dust like the Avatar does elements. Another's Semblance is to duplicate a weapon he's wielding as a means of dual-wielding. And that one's weapon isn't exactly subtle either. THEN there's this other one... His Semblance is to produce Dust chains out of his Aura, which can be used to supply his weapon which is basically a miniature artillery platform. Those never had this level of complaint, and they're definitely more obscure than you're making this out to be... Just putting that out there... 

Also, I understand that this is coming across as upsetting, but that's just because I'm really not seeing the problem here, given what I've seen from feedback on all of my other OCs. I've already nerfed it more than enough, so that just leaves the only issue to be personal opinion at this point... there's just no other way I can think to put it.

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33682382 - 5 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Okay, now I need to correct something, so please forgive a slight tangent.

You can't make Dust chains out of Aura. Dust is a naturally occuring substance that's akin to oil. You can't just spontaneously create it, it has to come from somewhere. And before Weiss is used to counter that, she's using the Dust in Myrtenaster through her Glyphs. Unless he has some canister of the stuff, this has no justification to exist.

Also, using Dust in it's raw form is essentially what your first example seems to be doing, as far as I am aware, only with more control. This Semblance also sounds ridiculously expensive, since all that Dust would need to be replenished quite frequently.

The Duplication actually makes sense, sort of creating an accurate, solid copy of the weapon using one's aura. There is nothing to complain about. It's just a good idea.

Coco's handbag is insane, yes, but at least it has the in-universe justification of being really high compression technology or something. Rochelle's thing is a simple hangun transforming into a massive cannon with no stated mechanic behind it, other than it just happens. That's what really bugs me about it, that it's not explained at all and is just brushed past.

Look, why not just have the cannon be the weapon? Does it really NEED to be the way it is now? You're trying way too hard to be as close to the original as possible, when you don't need to go that far. Just take some elements, but not all of them, kay?

I am running out of ways to explain this.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682550 - 5 months ago

I honestly thought the Dust chains was a little much as well, personally, which is why I really never went any more extreme than that (the Dust control one is probably the closest, though still isn't as bad, but you ARE right about it needing to be replenished frequently). I'm seriously curious as to why you would agree to the weapon duplication Semblance, though, and not this one. The duplication uses Aura to achieve, just as this one does, but it doesn't convert anything but Aura to duplicate. Stepping Up, however, uses Aura to convert the gun AND THE BLADE (per the edit I said I added in) into the arm cannon. This Semblance even requires HALF of Rochelle's Aura to even use, when the arm cannon is to come into play (also from the edit). In comparison, this doesn't even come close to how efficient the duplication Semblance is with how much it's been toned down.

As for why I'm pushing for it, the arm cannon holds a bit of an intimidation factor to it, which is sort of the byproduct of using Stepping Up, not as part of Rochelle prior, which is why she normally just wields the pistol and hunting knife. They're smaller and less intimidating, just as she is when not using the Semblance. Everything about Rochelle, normally AND when using the Semblance, is supposed to fit a common theme. Normally, she's smaller and less intimidating. Positive, even. Her Semblance sort of represents her competitive nature and how being competitive can bring out the worst in people (a theme that's NOT addressed in Black Rock Shooter, mind you), such as how Rochelle becomes apathetic when using her Semblance. That ALSO ties into how Rochelle's "stepped up" form fixates on that whole intimidation factor. Oh and also, I should point out that in the show, Kuroi Mato does NOT turn into BRS, rather BRS is her "other world" self. Another thing that deviates from the original. I know better than to base a character COMPLETELY on the inspiration, that's just asking for copyright violations...

Also, yeah I know what you mean about the handbag/minigun, I was just curious if you would catch on to that.

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33682780 - 5 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

I suppose I just have trouble wrapping my head around it. The whole process just doesn't jive with my understanding of how the world of RWBY functions. Just the thought of converting small stuff into larger stuff... it violates the law of equivalent exchange, to borrow from Full Metal Alchemist. You shouldn't be able to create something large by using something small. Maybe the Aura cost migitates this, but this sounds like a form of transmutation of matter that shouldn't physically work.

You should get second, or even third opinions. I think I'm not much further help. My mind just keeps living in a place of confusion and denial. I are confuse.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682867 - 5 months ago

It's completely understandable. You did mention, earlier, that you really don't know all that much about Black Rock Shooter, as an example. I really don't blame you if you're having a hard time with this. The only way I can really boil it down further is the idea that Rochelle's "stepped up" form sort of resides as a "spiritual entity" as is suggested by how she's, normally, simply given a slight "nudge" in certain directions, as was mentioned in the History and Fighting Style sections. This comes with the idea that the weapon also comes from that. With that, for me, it'd make sense that activating the Semblance would, conditionally, use the normally existing weapons to bring out the arm cannon, as it exists similarly to the "other Rochelle", if that makes sense. It's one of those things that makes Rochelle similar but also different from the inspiration, sort of. I don't know if this helps or not, but I do hope it does...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33684958 - 5 months ago

Okay, so I had the OC posted on the Facebook page I usually put my OCs on. She hasn't gotten any negative feedback so far, so I guess that answers that question. Now all I need to wrap up my work with the OCs is one more "trailer" for Team A.R.M.E., the last two team combo names for Team C.L.V.R, and the "trailers" for that team... Then I'm pretty much done altogether... For the former two, I'm completely stumped, but I might work on the last of those at some point while waiting on the other two... maybe. If anyone has ideas that might help, that'd be greatly appreciated.

• ShadowSJG

ShadowSJG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33685509 - 5 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Okay, so I had the OC posted on the Facebook page I usually put my OCs on. She hasn't gotten any negative feedback so far, so I guess that answers that question. Now all I need to wrap up my work with the OCs is one more "trailer" for Team A.R.M.E., the last two team combo names for Team C.L.V.R, and the "trailers" for that team... Then I'm pretty much done altogether... For the former two, I'm completely stumped, but I might work on the last of those at some point while waiting on the other two... maybe. If anyone has ideas that might help, that'd be greatly appreciated.

What facebook page?

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33685552 - 5 months ago

In reply to ShadowSJG

"RWBY O.C. Kingdom". They usually give feedback if anything needs changing or if it's anything particularly phenomenal... Both of which probably explaining why I haven't gotten ANY feedback on it... I mean I HAVE posted all my other OCs on there, so I guess doing what I do with them would make this one nothing too special at this point... I DID also take note of the feedback I already got here, so anything that might've been asked may have been answered in the post, possibly... Whatever the case, my guess is I managed to cover the bases in the post to not have gotten feedback towards improvement or anything like that... or, at least, I'm HOPING that's the case  jaune

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33685561 - 5 months ago

Or perhaps they got ignored. It happens.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."-Captain Gabriel Angelos.

P.S. Its most likely that you covered all the bases.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33685765 - 5 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079

I wouldn't say ignored. The page isn't exactly bustling with activity at all times, but it's still active enough that there's always SOMETHING going on, so there's next to no chance that an OC that's posted isn't at least noticed and looked through. That's why, yes, it's more than likely that I simply covered all the bases. Still, it doesn't mean I DON'T want feedback or anything. What about your thoughts on Rochelle? I haven't gotten any feedback besides that from which I had to take notes to account for... I just want to be sure I didn't just wrap up my OC making on a low note...

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33685784 - 5 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Put simply; I like her weapons and the entire 'controlling the power within' angle to her story. She may be powerful, but she fears what her power will do, what it will turn her into. However if she is sensitive to negativity, does that not mean she'd get upset quickly and lose her drive? That seems a little incongruous with her high-energy personality. I wonder what would happen if she faced off cynical/emo/edgy at characters.

Overall, it's a pretty solid OC. I got no complaints about the Semblance or appearance, just that the flaws could use a little fleshing out.

All the luck for your other projects.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33685926 - 5 months ago

That bit about the negativity is actually the idea, also tying into how she feels about what she's capable of. This doesn't necessarily contradict with her being high-spirited and all, but rather adds more contrast, which in turn indicates that there's a lot more going on with her than what's on the surface, which was actually one of the intended ideas behind the character. As for the curiosity about how she'd react to certain negative personalities... I can imagine her being quite creeped out by a cynical person... As for emo or edgy... I'm not too sure about those as the definition of either, I find, tends to come across as pretty inconsistent nowadays...

That aside, I do appreciate the concerns. I really do. It's this sort of feedback that helps ensure that everything's as it should be, whether it's to double-check on certain aspects that might've been a bit off from what was intended or it's to change something that just ended up not being within the acceptable tolerances. And I gotta say... Rochelle, overall, was already HEAVILY nerfed compared to the original idea, I'll say that much. But, in the end, I can definitely say that the effort was worth it, seeing how it could definitely have been a LOT worse...

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33686070 - 5 months ago

All right. updated my characters. Got 3 of my characters on a better template, but still working out bugs with the team leader. Well, here is the updated version of Heidi Morgenrot, Rémi Bleu Vitalis, and Thomas Huckleberry

Name: Heidi Morgenrot

Color (Theme): MorningRed, Pink and white

Allusion: Heidi of the Alps

Affiliation:  Student at Beacon, Team ERTH

Basic Info: Age: 18 years old, Human, dark brown shoulder length hair, Blue eyes

Symbol: (I would like to put a symbol, but that would probably be one of the last things I set up

Appearance:  sEfffM.png

A blue eyed, brown, curly haired young woman, she has a streak of blond in the front. He hair goes down in a side braid on the right side, just over the shoulder. She wears a Long sleeved white dress shirt, with a gothic pink sleeveless over shirt that ends in a combat skirt, going down to her knees. She also wears combat boots for functional reasons

Background/History: She was an orphan, the daughter of two hunters who died in the line of duty. The last of her kin was her grandfather, who was a bitter old hermit. Taking her in, but treating her as a nuisance at first, her kindness and caring nature opened his heart. She grew up familiar with the area, and her grandfather gave her a good education. How to read, how to properly survive in the mountains, and even violin. One day, while she was gathering food in the isolated mountains of Vale, she came under attack by a Grimm. After a heated chase, her grandfather dashed and struck down the Grimm with a hunter’s weapon, but was gravely wounded. After a week, he woke up from his coma, and after one evening in deep thought, told her the truth of his life. He was once a hunter, disillusioned with the life of a Hunter, and what he perceived as a curse. How the life of a hunter is often one of misery. He tried to raise his son his way, but the boy would leave to become a Hunter of his own, which upset the old man. He grew even more bitter when he married a Huntress, and they both died in the line of duty. Now aware of his inevitable death, he had a difficult decision. Knowing that his beloved granddaughter would have to survive on her own, he would have to teach her the one thing he did not want to teach her: The art of the Huntsman. Deciding that his love for Heidi surpassed his hatred of the curse, realising that she may never find happiness, he realised that she would need to make the decision on her own terms. He started training her, even before he fully recovered. Awakening her Semblance, and training, he also was crippled from the attack. After a couple years of training her, his old age caught up with him. One night, he told the doctor to go home, and asked the young Heidi to carry him to his chair in the living room, and requested her to play her violin for him. As she played his favourite song, he smiled and closed his eyes to feel the music of his granddaughter’s heart. When she finished the song, she turned to him, and checked to find he passed in the middle of her concert, with a peaceful smile on his face. He also left a note for her, that would be directed to Ozpin, explaining her situation, if she should choose it. Choosing to move forward with her skills, in hopes of helping those in need, she would choose the path of the Huntress and move for Vale, with her grandfather’s weapon, Alpengeist in hand.

Personality: Friendly and sisterly, she is the older sister of the team. Heidi is mature, and although sometimes she nags her team, she very patiently appreciates what she has, and doesn’t ask for anything more than to enjoy her life. She is the level-headed member of the team, and she embraces her feminine nature, and her role as the girl on the team. Very gentle, it’s hard to believe she can actually fight, and has a very passionate side. She also has a major fangirl side, treating young male musicians like pop idols, romantic comedies, and science fiction space operas. When she starts playing a video game, she tends to lose track of everything, as she gets caught up in it, possibly days on end. (Thomas would point out, she once played for 36 hours straight before someone stopped her. When asked, Thomas wanted to know how long it would take her to walk away) She also loves to draw, but she is terrible at it. (Once making children run away in fear because of a drawing she made. She insisted it was a beautiful princess, but they screamed that it was an ugly Beowolf Grimm) She has a very stubborn side, that refuses to walk away from a challenge, until it is completed.

Weapon: Alpengeist  (Going to go into more intensive description closer to the end of the work on the character.)

Form 1: A violin and bow that can channel sound waves when she wills it. The bow also can contain Dust ammunition for a variety of effects

Form 2: The violin turns into a German longsword, and the bow turns into a shortsword

Aura/Semblance: Sonic Concerto: Heidi controls sonic based attacks, often used in conjunction with her violin. It can be used either for all out attacks, or to calm others around her.

Fighting Style:  Heidi may be skilled at close combat, but she prefers to take a long-ranged support role to her team. Combining her sound based Semblance, with a variety of dust elements for attacks, to blast, calm, or even distract an enemy. On her own, she will try to use hit and run tactics, mixing up her violin attacks, and her dual sword attacks. She isn’t as skilled at unarmed combat, and sometimes prefers to opt for diplomacy before actual violence. Although she is a lot more protective of people around her, she does have an impulsive side that leads into rash decisions at times

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Cooking, peace, her friends, music, her grandfather, video games, drawing, Classical music and young classical musicians

Dislikes: Those who would hurt others, being away from the mountains, people who don’t work to achieve their full potential, walking away from video games, people who dislike her drawings

Name: Rémi Bleu Vitalis

Color (Theme): Sky Blue and yellow

Allusion: Rémi, Nobody’s child

Affiliation:  Student at Beacon, Team ERTH

Basic Info: Age 16, Dog Faunus, Pale skin, Blue Eyes, Sandy blonde hair

Symbol: (To be decided)

Appearance:

SGor4s.png

A dog faunus, he has blue eyes, and wild golden blond hair, with golden pointed ears on his head, also has a sleeveless light blue vest with gold yellow lining, he also wears jeans with an embroidered yellow monkey on the right side.

Background/History: Abandoned as a baby, Rémi was found by a man who thought he would get a reward for finding the baby, and left him with his wife. He was surprised when he found out the baby was a faunus, and when he was injured in a work-related accident, he sued the company, but he lost his case. Left destitute, he urged his wife to sell the faunus child, but she refused. She loved the child. The cripple turned to the drink, and one day brought the boy with him to the bar, only to sell him to what seemed to be a minstrel named Vitalis. This minstrel traveled with the boy, and opted to teach him how to be a proper minstrel, and also taught him some special arts. He was an apparent agent of Ozpin, traveling around as a spy for the headmaster. Over the years, he raised the boy as his son, regardless of his faunus background. Their travels were harsh and brutal, and both nearly died to Grimm attacks, renegade bandits, and even the harsh environment. At some point, they snuck in Atlas to find a possible link of faunus abuse in a mine, only to find that Adam of the White Fang was also present. After refusing Adam’s demands, Vitalis defended himself and Rémi, only to be mortally wounded, and escaping in a freezing blizzard. Realising that they couldn’t go very far, he stopped his adopted son, and dug a hole in a small hole, took the boy and put him in the hole, the boy didn’t realise the full extent of the man’s injuries, and he removed his jacket, and covered the young boy’s chest. He finished by joining the boy, and covering the boy with his body heat. The blizzard raged, and the Hunter in training fell asleep, only to wake up, after the storm, and to try to wake up his father figure. As he pushed the man out inadvertently, there was a man that was passing by. This man with raven hair and a large sword-like weapon sighed, as he observed the scene. Recognising the now dead Vitalis, he reluctantly brought the young orphan with him, to Signal Academy. Attending the academy, he eventually would meet some of his friends, that he would join in Beacon Academy.

Personality: Rémi is a young boy that tends to force a joyful smile on. Usually he comes across as upbeat and optimistic, but in truth that is his mask. He forces his optimistic view, and at times to a degree that tends to crack the moody mask of fear and abandonment issues deep within. He tends to cling and seek the attention to those he cares for, particularly those he calls his new family. When he is on his own, he tends to be insecure, and his direction is a lot more confused, and indecisive.

Weapon: Dolce Jolicoeur

Form 1: a pair of deep royal blue and yellow gauntlets that extend over his hands to create two sets of claws. The claws are on the side of his hands, similar to punch gauntlets. This is the primary form, as it can be equipped with dust to launch elemental claw-like attacks

Form 2: it also has wrist mounted gun, that isn’t as strong, but it is rapid firing automatic ammunition

Aura/Semblance: Velocity; He ramps up his speed to heightened levels to charge at enemies. This allows him to carry a lot more force into his attacks. The problem is, when he activates this, he commits to an attack, he has to see it through.

Fighting Style:  Rémi is a much more direct combatant. For someone who likes stories and books, he opts for a more straightforward “Charge!” approach, as fast as he can. He cares more for close ranged combat, sometimes letting his senses track his enemies for him. With his Aura, he charges and deals massive damage, but this is prone to leaving him open, if one can avoid his devastating attacks, that deals more physical damage.

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Books, Friends, Reading, those he considers his family, Hearing stories, music, sweets

Dislikes: Bitter food, perfume, loud noises, the cold, White Fang, specifically Adam, being alone

Also: The colour blue references a similar story, Romeo’s blue skies, but there is no allusion to the character aside from the name Bleu.

Name: Thomas Huckleberry

Color (Theme):  Dark Purple and Caramel Brown

Allusion: Huckleberry Finn

Affiliation:  Beacon Academy, Team ERTH

Basic Info: 17 years old, Human, Dark skin, brown eyes and brown hair

Symbol: (To be done later)

Appearance:  

ZFS84M.png

A Dark skinned, freckled young man, with almost lazy brown eyes, and messy brown hair, he has a straw hat that he either wears on his head, or leaves it hanging from his shoulders, over his back. He wears a dark blue jacket, and a messy button-down shirt that’s half tucked in. he also wears baggy jeans, and is often seen with a piece of grass in his mouth

Background/History: A resident of Mistral, Thomas Huckleberry had a rough life ahead of him. Constant Grimm attacks, bandit raids and black-market dealings were a way of life. In order to survive, Tom had to develop humanity’s greatest tool: His mind.

Growing up under the thumb of a washed up drunk burglar, “Pap” kept a close eye on his son, and tried to turn Thomas into a younger version of himself. This caused an argument between him and his sister Sally, who wished to run away with the boy for a better life; however, that dream would be fleeting, as Pap asked a friend of his to track down the young boy. This friend brought a group of brigands to find the woman and the boy, and in the tussle, Sally was killed in the ongoing violence, leaving the young Thomas Huckleberry to awaken his Semblance and sneak away from the attackers. This lead him to his fateful meeting with an idealistic young Faunus called Jimmy, who wished to help his people from oppressive lawmakers, officials and other ilk who abuse the Faunus.

The two worked together in order to get to Haven academy, but the plan goes awry: the young Tom had Pap trailing after him, and Jimmy had a hunter who wished to hunt down Faunus for sport, claiming them “Humans’ greatest hunt”; the two boys barely escaped the men, right when they got to the Haven undercity. As such, the two would be forced to smuggle themselves out of Mistral in order to get proper protection, as Pap and the hunter’s contacts in the undercity worked to surround them.

This unfortunately would lead to Jimmy knocking out his best friend, and hiding him in a barrel on an airship headed for Veil, on for the lad to wake up, and try to leave the airship for his friend, on to see the hunter get his prey, and kill young Jimmy.

The trip across the skies were a quiet one, as the young teen boy would think about what he could have done to help both people who gave their lives to protect him, and this gave him one conclusion: He needed to learn to protect those around him, and to help Faunus like Jimmy who are helpless to those who would hunt them like animals.

He made his way to Signal Academy, where he would train to become a Huntsman, and this would allow him to escape and hide out from his father, Pap, who is still out there, intent on getting his son back.

Growing up, he eventually made it to Beacon, biding his time, feeling a lot readier to face the Faunus Hunter, the bandits that killed Sally Huckleberry, and old Pap Huckleberry, and other troubles that the world of Remnant may bring him.

Personality: Thomas is a lazy genius that wishes for a world that can sit back and enjoy watching the clouds fly by. He enjoyed a good adventure, pranks and mischief sometimes for the sake of it, or to watch the train wreck happen, and brain teasers. He doesn’t like to talk about his past, and has a bit of a cynical attitude to trusting others, that he hides with his laid-back jokes. He trusts his team because of their optimistic honesty, but generally, he expects the worst in people when he firsts meets them, even if he doesn’t vocalise it.

Weapon: Old Jimmy Boomstick (To be detailed later)

Form 1: A fishing spear, that can also use the sniper ammunition

Form 2: A Spear Gun or a Shotgun

Aura/Semblance: Silent Observer: This allows Huck to blend into the surrounding background, and mask his presence for a limited time of 20-30 seconds. It’s purely stealth based, and works in any environment

Fighting Style:  Thomas prefers a precision based combat style. He studies his enemies, and exploits their weaknesses. He uses his semblance to befuddle his enemies, and treats combat like a puzzle to be solved. Unfortunately, the weakness to his fighting style, is that he plays with his food at times when he is not taking things seriously.

Notes/Trivia:  He speaks in a southern US accent.

Likes: Nice relaxing days, the sea, observing people, freedom

Dislikes: bullies, those who disrupt his naps, things getting too boring, “Pap” Huckleberry, bounty hunters that go after Faunus

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692612 - 4 months ago

In reply to sumthindarkside

Watching you work on these is like watching a sculptor shape a marble block. First it's just a block nothing special, but then it takes on shape and becomes better and better.

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33692836 - 4 months ago

Thanks. It's a arduous task that I do feel a lot of pride sculpting them into fully fledged characters. Working on all three, being told by various people what needs to improve... Tuck showed me some things that I overlooked. Heidi, Rémi and Thomas are taking form in a way that was quite impressive. Just have the leader that has details that needs filling up. I am still looking for advice on how to improve on these characters, and where I need a little help filling out. I also enjoy what is going on that is being done right. Speaking of which... I'll show what I have for Esteban, the team leader. Trying to figure out what kind of leadership and fighting he'll be doing. 

Name: Esteban Dorado

Color (Theme): Gold and Jade Green

Allusion: Mysterious Cities of Gold

Affiliation:  Team ERTH, Beacon Academy

Basic Info: 17 years old, Human, Hispanic, brown hair, brown eyes

Symbol: (To be determined)

Appearance:  

2qWaWK.png

A Shoulder length, brown haired, Hispanic young man. He wears a whitish blue tanktop shirt with a crescent moon medallion. In the left corner of the shirt, there is an aztek style bird on the shirt. He also wears a pair of cutoff jeans that stop ¾ way down. He also wears a belt with a sun design on the buckle, and a blue cape.

Background/History: A young orphan from Vacuo, he grew up studying about ancient stories, fairy tails and myths. Having a voracious appetite for learning, that stems to the mysterious disappearance of his father, also an elusive hunter, that has been considered missing for years.

Upon hearing rumours that his father was still alive, he set off to learn where the man could have gone.

However, in his travels, Esteban discovered his semblance, which he didn’t think much of it, until he ventured into some ruins that revealed a history behind a similar notion of his semblance. However, this aspect of his semblance made him a target of the Grimm. 

His adventures lead him to run from them, leaving a trail of destroyed ruins. He then leaves Vacuo for Veil in search of the historian Dr. Oobleck to help him decipher the medallion he had with him, since his childhood. This has struck up a friendship between the two, as he was enrolled at Signal, and later Beacon.

Personality: A bold, headstrong idealist That would do anything for a friend. He is the natural leader of his team, and sometimes doesn’t think things through. He doesn’t like to be given too much responsibility, as that can give him too much pressure. He can be intelligent, but sometimes he skips a few details, and can overestimate himself.  When it comes to being thanked by people, he can be nervous and shy.

Weapon: Solaris: gold, jade green and obsidian coloured

Form 1: A Macahuitl that can activate a chainsaw mode, used for slashing, defense, and for high acrobatic, primarily aerial combat

Form 2: Assault Rifle, using a 40-round magazine, can be modified with Dust bullets

Aura/Semblance: Golden Condor: His Semblance manifests itself in the shape of a golden bird. Some mistake it for a phoenix, but it is a different legend. In the beginning, the boy had a connection with the sun. He has the ability to launch searing “feathers” of superheated light, and he can focus it to blind his enemies, and gains a limited flight. Too little is known about the specifics of his semblance

Fighting Style:   (Need advice here)

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Adventure, history, Saving people, spicy food

Dislikes: Heights (Very Acrophobic), being on a stage, Injustice

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692837 - 4 months ago

Thing is, if he disliked having too much responsibility, then why is he team leader? That little aspect seems a bit off.

Anyway, once you have crafted them to your liking, what do you plan to do with them?

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33692839 - 4 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 Good point. I'll just delete that part. 

Haven't thought that far ahead. If I wanted to write a fanfiction with them, I would have to set up a good plot.... 

Why do you ask?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692853 - 4 months ago

Well I saw your dedication to the bunch, through your constant refinement and uploads. So I was here thinking "Yep, this fellow is probably going to write a story or something, given the time invested in these characters."

Case in point: I uploaded my OC, Herman Grauer wayyyy back, like in October, 2017. Now in January 2018, I have uploaded the most recent chapter to his story. In between chapters I would frequently check this forum out, and I saw you reuploading and refining said characters. Hence my assumption that you were going to do something with the characters.

I mean, it's not a bad thing if you're just doing it for fun. Initially, I too was hyped up after watching rwby and I was itching all over to make an OC after discovering this forum. And that is what I set out to do;make an OC for fun. One thing led to another, and I ended up writing a fanfic.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33692856 - 4 months ago

Well, if you DO plan on writing a fan fiction, take care to not use canon characters (or at least DEFINITELY not in a way that could alter canon events, that's a definite no-no if not SPECIFICALLY labeled as an AU). If you need examples of how to write stories based around each character, for example, you could check out the ones I did for mine for inspiration (just check them out via my profile). I do look forward to seeing how these OCs of yours turn out, when you get to that point! pyrrha

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692865 - 4 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

In my fanfiction, my OC comes perilously close to Canon but it does not really change the outcome of the event (much). Is that bad? 

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33692949 - 4 months ago

Fair point. I'm more focused on getting the characters properly put together, then I'll focus on the story. 

I do write other fanfiction, so my head is filled with ideas as well.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33693242 - 4 months ago

So long as there's ANY change to the storyline, it HAS to be labelled as an AU, or it can be viewed very poorly. It's just one of those things that really can't be helped (if you make it so that the character is involved in the canon storyline as we currently know it, that would have to be labelled as a headcanon at the very least) ren

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33693273 - 4 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Damn. I never thought the change in question (hiding, trying not to get shot and occasionally laying down suppressive fire) could be considered as Canon-warping. Looks like I'll have to go make a few changes to the description.

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33693294 - 4 months ago

The good news is that the plot line has a particular direction, but the world can hold other story arcs, villains and even other servants of Salem, or other branches of the White Fang. There are also other legends and myths that could be true in this world. 

It's a mythos that's open to a lot of flexibility. 

It's one thing for characters to be in the library studying when team RWBY is playing their game, and commenting on them, so long as the canon characters remain in character, and the OCs don't alter the story. 

There are in story moments that they could have fought in the battles in the series, such as the end of seasons 2 and 3, or even in the forest trial mission, getting the chess pieces. 

Gotta also consider power creep. It's really hard to start a protagonist on the same level as Raven or Qrow. (I don't think the latest episode is the end of Cinder.) It can be done right. But sometimes it's best to build a character from the ground up. 

Antagonists are another story. You can start them up more powerful and experienced, like Adam or Salem's four horsemen, as I call them. Or you can make them more lower end, like Cardin, or make them rivals, like Emeraude. (She's a tricky one) they aren't weaklings, but they aren't masters. 

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33693336 - 4 months ago

That is what I like about RWBY;the flexibility of the world. Though I just don't know if what I wrote warrants being labeled AU. Might as well do so, to be safe