Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (33071)

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135664 - 1 year ago

This is going to be a very looooong one...

It has been clear from the start that Pyrrha wouldn't live till the end of the series. I hoped that she would at least make it till volume 5. She was my 3rd favourite character of the show and I wanted to know more about her and her past. But I guess "sometimes bad things just happen" like in real life.

I had hope for her because Ozpin ordered them to get help. It was nice and painful to see the confirmation of Arkos (I'm not a shipper though!). Unfortunately that moment made it also clear that Pyrrha was doomed. What I think is interesting is that she didn't say "I love you". Normally it wouldn't have been necessary because it was obvious, but you can never know with Jaune. I'm curious if she actually did pity him more than love him the whole time.

After that they only gave us about 5 minutes to prepare our selfes. Btw, could we rename the Arkos ship to Titanic please, because I think it's much more fitting now?

So, we move on to the Pyrrha vs Cinder fight. We see again that the Maiden powers have their limits, since Cinder's powers became progressively weaker through out the fight. At the end Cinder wasn't even floating anymore. It looks like she used too much against Ozpin. If it wasn't for the dragon, Pyrrha could have survived till Ruby showed up. Maidens aren't that strong. I bet a fully trained good huntsmen team could take one down no problem. *cough* team RWBY reunited *cough* *cough* vol 5

None the less, Pyrrha held her own pretty well. Apparently Cinder believes in destiny. Which begs the question, what she believes to be her destiny. She also stopped smiling. Maybe she thinks that her destiny won't end well. - Hopefully, it won't end well for her!

Pyrrha got killed pretty clearly. Which is of course heartbreaking but it gets worse. When I think about it, Pyrrha actually died in vain... kind of. Her direct actions didn't save the tower. Beacon fell anyway. Cinder's status is unknown, since it hasn't been mentioned that she was frozen as well. So, she probably got away... somehow. Ruby has unlocked her Silver-Eye Deus Ex Machina BS powers indeed but she doesn't know exactly how she used them or how to train on them. The main characters still have no idea about the Maiden powers. Basically, Pyrrha couldn't fulfil her destiny of becoming a huntress and saving the world. The worst thing about it, that it wasn't even a Pyrrhic victory. Just a pure bitter defeat. This show will continue for at least another 5 volumes. It just shows how insignificant Pyrrha is. It makes her death extremely sad for me.

...Or maybe not. Jaune had four chances to shine this volume.

Help Pyrrha with her problem. - He failed.

Save Pyrrha from the Nevermore. - He failed.

Protect Amber. - He failed again.

Stop Pyrrha from running into her certain death. - He failed miserable.

I can't blame him. All of these things were out of his power. Pyrrha's death may motivate Jaune to train much harder and discover his semblance to become finally the badass he was destined to be... and build his harem. XD - That may be the true Pyrrhic victory.

Isn't team RNJR heading towards Mistral? You know, the kingdom where Pyrrha came from! I bet they'll meet her family there and have to tell them personally about her unfortunate end, since the communications on Remnant are down. - Oh man.

Is Penny going to replace the missing 'P' in team JNPR someday?

Pyrrha's end was certainly the most powerful scene in this show to me so far. It truly showed that not every sacrifice and heroic act will pay off. That's realistic and that's why I like it.

As much as I like Pyrrha, I hope she won't come back at all. I only accept pictures, memories/flashbacks and dreams of her in the show from now on. If she comes back in any way, shape or form, it would make her death and future deaths meaningless. That would ruin the show for me. I'm sick and tired of countless animes bringing their characters back from the dead with some BS excuse, just because they're popular!

RoosterTeeth, you have killed off my 3rd favourite character. I'm mad at you in a good way! It shows great writing!

I beg you, please do NOT bring her back!

Rest in peace Pyrrha Nikos. Even though she never graduated at Beacon, she still was a true huntress indeed.

Man, I care too much for some fictional characters.

What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT:

z95ra.jpg

EDIT: I'm not active on this thread anymore. So, please do not expect any direct answers from me.

• GiantPancakeWAWR

GiantPancakeWAWR FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135672 - 1 year ago

I dont think she is dead. Not at all

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135674 - 1 year ago

In reply to GiantPancakeWAWR

Why not?

• GiantPancakeWAWR

GiantPancakeWAWR FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135680 - 1 year ago

I posted a whole forum post about it. Go look at Volume 3 Chapter 12 Pyhrra Discusion. I literally said everything there

• triox11

triox11

#33135687 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

you knwo i ate half my pizza reading this curse you man i wanted to watch episode 3 agian while eating pizza.;)

the last epiosode was Awesome and full of nice moments the death of Phyra being in vain is true and that is oen of the best parts about RWBY. Its not like everywhere else its always a happy ending or an open ending but you really see that people die and that nothing will change this also you see that not only cause you are strong you will survive everything some people are stronger this reminds us of the fact that oru Heroes are not immortal or the strongest like in much other shows cough Dragonball cough.

I got dissapointed in this episode cause of some things first of all i thought maidens were stronger Cinder already had the maiden power for some time so she should be better at fighting with it. If she really used that much strength against ozpin i am dissapointed asweell cause the fight gbetween Ozpin and Cinder lasted onyl long Enough for Phyrra and Jaune to get up the elevator ???.

I dont believe penny will get bakc so soon neither joining team JN?R she would fit more into team RWBY even if it is just cause of the fact that she is closer to them.

But yea Rooster teeth did a great job in this Volum with this whole series and i already know When i hear the announcement for the next season i will cry tears of joy jsut liek i did while watching the last episode.

• suoy

suoy

#33135690 - 1 year ago

Their technology is made of magic. And they possess superhuman powers. But even them it is to my knowledge not possible to make the final death, without spirit, undone.

• Griknor

Griknor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135694 - 1 year ago

the show has really just become sailor moon with berserk, this season was totally just the eclipse arc of berserk, the end of the episode was very reminiscent of the freiza saga of dragonball z, ruby sees two of her friends die and unable to intervene and stop it and goes super saiyan. i dont think pyrrha is dead for good, resurrection is fairly normal in fairy tales, considering we can grab from more then just grimm fairy tales, we have quite a bit to choose from. also ruby is totally not a mary sue since the show and her team is her name its all there for a reason, during the livestream they mentioned that alot of the plot points have been there since the beginning, they specifically mention pennys and torchwicks deaths and other things, so all major plot points to our knowledge have been in effect since before season1, the only thing that hasnt been written is the way we get to the plot points. we just have to trust in miles and kerry, and the world monty set in motion

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135698 - 1 year ago

In reply to suoy

Never said it wasnt possible. If it is true that Ozpin is the wizrad from hundreds of years ago, then how did he manage to live all this time? Its possible to live for hundreds of years.. And also, what im trying to get at is Pyhrra never died, not that she would come back from the dea

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135701 - 1 year ago

In reply to Griknor

I dont think Pyhrra ever died in the first place, if you look at the Forum post i made, i gave strong reason too believe that she was just kidnapped, not killed

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135702 - 1 year ago

LOL

It took me about 30 minutes to make this thread. You posted yours about 15 minutes before mine. I couldn't have known about that. Sorry.

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135706 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Your fine, we are all friends here, with atleast 1 thing in common. RWBY

• namingshard

namingshard

#33135724 - 1 year ago

wouldn't the maidens' power be exagerated? i mean, come on, cinder took amber down with just emerald and mercury, even with a trick that didn't really work well...a few hunters/huntresses can defeat cinder no problem can they not? so why are maidens so valuable if they are just this much of power?

and i still not satisfied with beacon, they only have 3 teams who can actually fight?? where are the others??

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135735 - 1 year ago

In reply to namingshard

I came up with the theory that Amber was forced into become the fall maiden. Here mom was once the maiden and when her mom passed it was passed onto her. She didnt want to become a huntress but she was forced. She wasnt a fighter so it was easier to take her down

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135792 - 1 year ago

While its true that Pyrrha death in no way helped save Beacon or really bought much time (not even a Pyrrhic victory ... just a defeat) Pyrrha death is important in the emotional and character development of the remaining heroes. Then there is also the theory of Pyrrha not being dead but teleported ... quite possible. But if Pyrrha is in any way alive or brought back to life, she cant be fine and dandy and joining back with our heroes. She needs to have been corrupted by Salem or something. Maybe she was teleported to Salem to be corrupted?

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135814 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

What i have come up with so far is that Pyhrra would be used for a bargaining tool. Ozpin is currently MIA and Salem wants to see him burn so Pyhrra could be currently a POW. Or, she could be used as a "Traitor." We dont know what Salem's semblence is, but it could be controlling someone. Its not that far fetched based on the fact Emerald could do illusions

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135818 - 1 year ago

In reply to triox11

Let's see if RoosterTeeth really has the balls to keep Pyrrha dead. - Hopefully.

• triox11

triox11

#33135826 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

I think Burnie does have the balls if anything goes wrong her will blame Gavin or Gus

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135842 - 1 year ago

I really do hope Pyrrha is dead. Not because I hate her - I love the Arkos ship. But her death was so meaningful in the development of other characters and how it symbolizes the wasteful death of heroes in how Pyrrha really did die in vain when you think about it. But if they really have to bring her back, then as a corrupted ... a corrupted something ...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135847 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

Yes, so that Jaune can finally become a badass.

I'm not convinced by the abduction theory, because it seems to be too far fetched. Even for this show.

I mean, she was shot through her heart and spine. She even tried to breathe. Her hands dropped down (implying that she just died) and then she got pulverised. I think, RoosterTeeth wanted to make clear that she was dead.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135852 - 1 year ago

Though the POW idea has a lot of sense to it. There is a lot of sense in it as Ozpin may have fled, leaving Cinder to give up chasing him and going to the top of the tower. When Cinder was battling Pyrrha, Salem may have given orders to Cinder to teleport Pyrrha to Salem for use as a bargaining tool or bait to lure Ozpin. Or even bait or bargaining tool to use against Qrow! Or maybe they are planning to lure Ozpin/Qrow into a trap using a corrupted Pyrrha. OR SHE IS JUST DEAD! Really I think she is just dead. That was the point of her death - to show that even someone so seemingly important and powerful can die in vain and fade into history ... its really nihilistic but I like how it was presented with Pyrrha's death, if that is what they are going for ...

• Zeedware

Zeedware

#33135856 - 1 year ago

I have very conflicted feeling about this. I realize that reviving Phyrra would destroy the plot. But in the same time I want Phyrra to come back.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135862 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

I really do hope Pyrrha is dead. Not because I hate her - I love the Arkos ship. But her death was so meaningful in the development of other characters and how it symbolizes the wasteful death of heroes in how Pyrrha really did die in vain when you think about it. But if they really have to bring her back, then as a corrupted ... a corrupted something ...

I feel the same way.

But narrative wise they must not bring her back under any circumstances!

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135867 - 1 year ago

while I also agree with GiantPancakeWAWR, because she didn't die like Amber and Cinder could easily have head shot her. Moreover, We never knew specifically why Cinder placed Pyrrha on her list last season.

As I reiterated in the finale's thread, I won't delve on it and hope that Pyrrha is still miraculously alive. However, I will not further delve too deep on this issue until RT confirms her death - which will be more probable. Either way, I respect Monty's decision and RT's wishes to keep it consistent with Monty's vision for RWBY.

• GiantPancakeWAWR

#33135866 - 1 year ago

Well, there is one more thing i was thinking about turly. About Pyhrra asking the question, "Do you believe in Destiny?" And Cinders response of, "Yes." Now, with that, there are endless ways that it could be interperated. Now, one of the ways that supports Pyhrra still being alive is that Cinder was like, Oh, i know what your Destiny is going to be. It can be death, or POW style. Just saying, the question i think has more meaning than what we think

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135869 - 1 year ago

In reply to Zeedware

Better die as a good character than being alive as a bad one.