Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (7121)

• TalaLeisu2

TalaLeisu2 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Cara Lea

#33246779 - 9 months ago

I'm curious as to who y'all ship together on this show. There have got to be some interesting ones out there. So who do you think goes together? Why do you think so? Are there any fanfictions for it? Does it have a ship name? What scenarios do you envision in your head that you want to see happen?

• -Derek-

-Derek-

#33247167 - 9 months ago

I ship no one. Ships lead to bad things, like fans harassing the VA's about bumblebee.

tumblr_o9yvf5JEjR1uqgb4xo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o9yvf5JEjR1uqgb4xo2_1280.png

• TalaLeisu2

TalaLeisu2 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Cara Lea

#33247273 - 9 months ago

I ship characters. I hate it when people ship real people.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33247358 - 9 months ago

I ship Jaune with Ruby or Weiss

• TalaLeisu2

#33247405 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I can go for the RubyxJaune ship. I just don't see it working with him and Weiss. What makes you like that particular ship??(:

edit: PS I like your username!(:

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33247442 - 9 months ago

In reply to TalaLeisu2

I don't know really. I guess I like the Weiss and Jaune ship because I like the stories of the goofy farm boy getting the beautiful princess. And I like the Ruby and Jaune ship because, they just seem like they would be good together. Thanks for liking my name

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33247948 - 9 months ago

In reply to TalaLeisu2

Yeah, I'm afraid that "shippers gonna ship" no matter what. If they find even the tiniest hint that two people really like each other, odds are they're gonna ship them. I personally don't ship BarbaraxArryn simply because I only see them as pals & nothing more.

That said, I ship Bumblebee because I have thus far liked Blake & Yang's interactions with one another. You can tell that there's a lot of heart behind their conversations. Yang's talk with Blake about her childhood in Volume 2 was very touching & helped break down Blake's emotional barriers. Likewise in Volume 3, Blake's talk with Yang about Adam's turn to violence was Blake's way of voicing her concern for Yang & how she didn't want her closest friend to go down that same path. She genuinely cared about Yang & was happy when Yang reassured her about what happened after her match with Mercury. I know I've said this before, but I really do hope these two overcome their current adversities & end up together in later volumes.

Other than that, I also ship FlowerPower simply because Nora & Ren make a great comedy duo with their polar-opposite personalities. That, & I really want to see them finally, finally be "together together". Seriously, you two, stop torturing us & just shut up & kiss already!

• TalaLeisu2

#33247976 - 9 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

It's a shame. First I heard of anyone shipping actual people I was very confused and thought it was the creepiest shit ever.

I'm a bumbleby too. I can't help but feel that it'll be canon though. there's simply no way it won't be.

• Frozengamer1

Frozengamer1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33248134 - 9 months ago

I'm a hard core shipper for bumblebee, whiterose, and Flowerpower. However, I will never ship people with people because everyones's personal life is private and we should leave it at that.

• TalaLeisu2

#33248149 - 9 months ago

In reply to Shelbs19

I'm not whiterose. I am rosewick trash lol

What do you think of the song "Boop"?

• Frozengamer1

Frozengamer1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33248301 - 9 months ago

I love the song Boop it explains there relationship so perfectly!!!! Out of curiosity why don't you like whiterose? I'm not trying to dog on you I'm just curious :)

• TalaLeisu2

#33248303 - 9 months ago

In reply to Shelbs19

I just don't think Ruby and Weiss go together. I have no hate for the ship I just don't see it.

• Frozengamer1

#33248475 - 9 months ago

In reply to TalaLeisu2

To a lot of people it seems that way right now but in the future(depending on how the story goes and hoping it goes that way) it could happen. Sorry I'm usually optimisic about my ships(and would like them to come true) but I totally respect the fact that you don't ship them :).

• enigma85

enigma85 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold That RDDT member from NY

#33248512 - 9 months ago

First and foremost, it's highly inappropriate for anyone to actually start shipping the actual actors. It's not only creepy, but something that gives me a stalkerish vibe from whoever does that kind of thing. Joke or not, whoever did that should be ashamed.

Arryn, Barb, by all means ignore the idiots as they do not speak for the fanbase as a whole.

Ok, with that out of the way.....

I myself have been mainly a Bumblebee fan since my early days of getting into the series. Hell, before I knew it was a thing, I started to get the vibe early in my viewing of V2. I'm sure you all know the scene I'm thinking of. First thought: "Wow...are RT really going there? Are these two going to be the modern Uranus and Neptune?" Once I finished my binge viewing of the first two volumes, I had about two weeks to kill before the start of V3. Caught myself up with a combination of TV Tropes, old interviews at previous RTX's, ect. Once I found out that Monty had confirmed that there would be LGBT characters, that pretty much made me think BB would not be a matter of if they would do it, but when.

And yes, I know Yang showed an interest in guys early on. I know Black Sun is also teased/hinted at. Doesn't mean one or both can't be bi, or that Blake could have possibly been using Sun as a cover. Seriously, she hid the fact that she was a faunus for nearly the entire first volume. If she was a lesbian, would you put it past Blake to possibly hide that fact?

Next ship: Arkos. Wanted to see it for so long, but the buildup to their moment at the end of V3 was painful. I had a feeling for a long time that if anyone was going to get killed off it would be Pyrrha. The confirmation of Arkos pretty much sealed her fate for me at that point.

Now here's a recent one I'm thinking, one that's bound to upset some folks:

Nora's Arc (Jaune X Nora)

So why not Nora and Ren? Well, both obviously care about the other. In the case of Nora, she's unable to spit it out and will insist that they aren't 'together, together.' As for Ren, he doesn't typically say much, but he's also the type of character that can speak volumes with just his actions. Sadly, as much as I like the two of them together, I'm leaning towards thinking it's going to wind up as another sunken ship. Either just before, or just after one or both of them say something, Ren's going to die.

Also, for the record, this has nothing to do with Monty's passing. I just think from a thematic standpoint, Nora/Jaune makes sense. If we see Ren die, then both would have been people to lose someone they loved. It could also potentially turn both of them into younger mirrors of Tai without going the obvious route of pairing Jaune and Ruby.

Plus, look at the various people/characters that JNPR are based on. That's a team of death flags. That being said, I think by the time RWBY runs it's full course, we'll have two surviving members of JNPR. I doubt they'll kill Nora since at this point everyone is expecting a redhead to get killed. Jaune will live since everyone expects the Joan of Arc connection. That leaves Ren.

Plus, if Kerry and Miles (and possibly even Monty, since they are mainly following his plans) feel a need to be needlessly cruel to Nora, the best way to do that is kill Ren.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33248557 - 9 months ago

In reply to TalaLeisu2

To me, I see Ruby & Weiss having a more sisterly relationship. They haven't shown any kind of affection for one another, in my eyes, but they do seem to care about each other. Ruby does legitimately want herself & Weiss to be friends, & although she doesn't show it often, I think Weiss actually likes Ruby & her more peppy personality. She certainly seemed liked she adopted a bit of Ruby's peppiness in Volume 2. If anything else, these two make a neat, a-dork-able duo.

• TalaLeisu2

#33248623 - 9 months ago

In reply to enigma85

Yeah I was really freaked out the first time I ever heard of someone shipping real people. I thought it was highly inappropriate and I hated the fact that the person in question was literally crazy in defending their real-person ship. Like I said, "That's really creepy." and she started screaming at me. We ended up not being friends, not because of that particular incident, but just because our personalities clashed in general.

I agree with the Bumbleby thing. It's really not a question of if it will happen, but when. I LOVE how upset Yang was when Blake abandoned her (for good reason but Yang doesn't know that), and I can't wait to see the dynamic that plays out between them after they meet up again. Like I'm thinking Yang will fly into a rage or something.

I was very upset at the end of Arkos. And yet, now it has opened the door for a ship I can see coming on between Ruby and Jaune. I didn't realize I shipped them until after Pyrrha was dead, but I think I do. At least, I think Ruby might develop something for Jaune or vice/versa.

Jaune/Nora was not something I'd ever thought of before, and it's a fairly interesting theory. Personally, I don't think they're going to kill Ren off because Mulan didn't die off during her time as a soldier. I do think another member of team JNPR will be killed and I can't help but think at least ONE member of team RWBY will also be killed, I just can't figure who.

• Frozengamer1

#33248703 - 9 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

They really do seem to really care about one another and theres always chance to see how far their relationship will go. It will be interesting to see when they reunite. Will they fall back into their BFF routine or will they have changed so much to the point that their overall relationship has changed.

• enigma85

enigma85 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold That RDDT member from NY

#33248787 - 9 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

In reply to TalaLeisu2

To me, I see Ruby & Weiss having a more sisterly relationship. They haven't shown any kind of affection for one another, in my eyes, but they do seem to care about each other. Ruby does legitimately want herself & Weiss to be friends, & although she doesn't show it often, I think Weiss actually likes Ruby & her more peppy personality. She certainly seemed liked she adopted a bit of Ruby's peppiness in Volume 2. If anything else, these two make a neat, a-dork-able duo.

I very much agree with you regarding Ruby and Weiss. When you look at Bumblebee and the comments made by Monty, there's a very strong possibility of Yang/Blake being part of the plan. As for White Rose? Not so much. I get more of a "two friends that eventually see each other as family" vibe from them. In fact, from the very little we've seen of Qrow and Tai together, I somehow get the feeling there could have been a similar thing going on there. I just get the sense that the two of them don't always see eye to eye, but when push comes to shove they have each others back.

If so, then that is once again another possible parallel for the younger characters when compared to the older ones.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33248805 - 9 months ago

Ah so here's the shipping thread.

• enigma85

#33248828 - 9 months ago

In reply to TalaLeisu2

In reply to enigma85

Jaune/Nora was not something I'd ever thought of before, and it's a fairly interesting theory. Personally, I don't think they're going to kill Ren off because Mulan didn't die off during her time as a soldier. I do think another member of team JNPR will be killed and I can't help but think at least ONE member of team RWBY will also be killed, I just can't figure who.

While you are correct in regards to Mulan, don't forget that the character in the original story does eventually commit suicide. As for the other two surviving members of JNPR:

Jaune/Joan of Arc: Burned at the stake
    If such a death occurs for Jaune, it'll be nothing less than full blown immolation. Considering who uses Fire Dust, this will no doubt be in a battle with Cinder. Of course, if RT goes that route the question is will he manage to take her down with him?

Nora/Thor: Dies battling Jörmungandr
    Thor fights and kills the serpent Jörmungandr, but he himself is poisoned and dies shortly after. We've already seen Ren fight a Taijitu in V1. If that particular Grimm makes another appearance with Nora nearby, then it might be time to start worrying about her.

As I said, I see at least one more member of JNPR potentially dying. Right now, Nora is the character that I see possibly angering the fanbase the most. You thought it was bad when Pyrhha died? It'll be nothing compared to them killing Nora. Plus, there's been more than a few jokes that she'll die since all the major V3 deaths were redheads. It won't be her due to the fact everyone expects it.

Jaune? Well, as I've already said, quite a few folks expect some sort of connection to Joan of Arc. Taking the real Joan's death into account, as well as the pieces in play, one could be entirely convinced that Jaune is the next JNPR member to take a dirt nap. Such a situation could be him foolishly seeking revenge and paying with his life. However, we've yet to have actual confirmation on his Semblance. Honestly, I don't think it'll be a stretch to find him somehow immune to Cinder's various techniques that use fire. If that's the case, then unskilled as he may be compared to the others, he'll likely be the only one that can possibly stand up to her.

Ren is someone I don't see outright killing himself. Considering the fact that he was Monty's character, even if the plan was for that to somehow happen, I believe Miles and Kerry would refrain from such a thing. Having him do that would likely leave an extremely bad taste in the mouths of just about everyone. However, I can see him seriously going out in a heroic sacrifice. Let's say RNJR is in some sort of death trap. There's a way out, but it's going to be the sort of situation where one of them has to stay behind. Whoever stays will die, the other three live. If something like this occurs, it'll most likely be Ren electing to stay.

Plus, I think people almost view Ren as having automatic 'plot armor' since he was Monty's character. Some folks will likely think there is no way in hell he gets killed off out of respect for Monty. Here's the thing: if Monty's plan was for him to die at some point, then electing to NOT kill him would actually be more disrespectful. You'd be throwing out the story as it was originally planned just because you feel it would upset people. Honestly, killing Ren is the one thing that most likely reinforces the fact that anyone can die.

In reply to TalaLeisu2

In reply to enigma85

I can't help but think at least ONE member of team RWBY will also be killed, I just can't figure who.

As for a potential RWBY death, I'm voting Weiss. After everything they've done to Blake/Yang, the fanbase would go extremely nuclear if one of them died. Plus, if Bumblebee is ever confirmed, killing one of them would only reinforce the terrible stereotype of gay characters never getting a happy ending (I'M LOOKING AT YOU BUFFY!).

Then again, if all four members of RWBY make it to the endgame that does increase the odds of Ruby herself going down in the final battle.....

Anyway, there you go. I feel Bumblebee is all but confirmed, White Rose is closer to a family bond, Lancaster is too clichéd, Black Sun is a cover, Flower Power is the next ship to sink, and Nora's Arc could possibly gain traction as an unexpected pairing.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33248835 - 9 months ago

In reply to enigma85

I like White Rose it's just too adorbs

As for shipping real people, I'm occasionally guilty of it myself but in general I think it's creepy and invasive of other people's privacy.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33248994 - 9 months ago

What if during the time gap Ruby and Jaune are a couple as well as Ren and Nora? It's possible

• Bumblebee4life

#33249007 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I see Ruby and Jaune as brother and sister (though they might have a brief relationship)

As for Ren and Nora: I kind of doubt it

• user-5781cbd9eb2f3

user-5781cbd9eb2f3

#33249042 - 9 months ago

ReNora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RenandNora4ever

In reply to TalaLeisu2

• user-5781cbd9eb2f3

user-5781cbd9eb2f3

#33249046 - 9 months ago

RENORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!