Juri VS Mileena | DBX - Editor Notes
- Last night I saw Bo Burnham's EIGHTH GRADE.
- It was great.
- I love Bo, who doesn't? He's so great and creative and I especially loved his last special, MAKE HAPPY. It was just as poignant as it was hilarious.
- So I was very interested to see his feature film debut.
- And it was great. Really moving, really raw and visceral.
- I will say that visually, it feels like a first time director. He utilizes a lot of similar shots and techniques multiple times throughout the movie with very similar executions. All effective but repetitious.
- That being said, the performances were amazing and the story was refreshingly real and powerful.
- I thoroughly enjoyed it and you should check it out if you can.
- Also check out Bo's show ZACH STONE IS GONNA BE FAMOUS. It's pretty funny but EIGHTH GRADE is much better.