Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

The New WH40k Thread

Posts (26355)

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#725031 - 14 years ago

Yay we got our own boring forum! weeeeee....

So whats everyones thoughts on the newest SM codex? Or the upcoming Tyranid Codex?

• PeterJ842

PeterJ842

#725041 - 14 years ago

In reply to strongbadia, #1:

Sorry to say But wrong forum to put it in and anyways what Is it???

• monkeyman24

monkeyman24

#725166 - 14 years ago

yay our own forum i feel happy for some reason

• CGD

CGD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#725231 - 14 years ago

First of all, not wrong forum.
    To the other dude: SM codex sounds really bad... if you get my point

• Refractor

Refractor

#725806 - 14 years ago

I actually started with WH Fantasy back in like 95, EVERYONE in the neighborhood played it and I collected a rather large sized army of Bretonians. Eventually it kinda fazed out and it wasnt untill around 2000 that I statred dabbling with WH40k. It was pretty sweet but it was very time consuming and very expensive. I played it on and off for a few years but I could never decide on what army to collect. I started out with Dark Angles, which was pretty short lived, I never had very many. Later I tried Tau and aquired a decent sized army but grew bored with them. Finally I started collecting Necrons, which were pretty cool. I found them to be a little overly dark and gothic though (yes, I realize that this is the theme behind all of WH40k). Eventually, because of college and the cost and time required to play, I stopped, but it was fun while it lasted.

• staigscrane

staigscrane

#725852 - 14 years ago

im have kinda mixed feelings on the new 'nids. mainly cos i only just finished my army with the old models. now they bring out new ones and i may have to rethink my strategies. plus i need to buy another codex.
    but i guess the new models do look kinda cool. never did like the last carnifex.

• staigscrane

staigscrane

#725902 - 14 years ago

legion of the damned are available to buy on gamesworkshop online again! just for those that were interested cos it was a topic on the old forum.

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#726210 - 14 years ago

In reply to staigscrane, #7:

Yah the new nids look rather nice I think......and SM Codex stands for Space Marine...sickos :P

I like all the new stuff in the new codex, but I have noone to play with so Im really starting to miss the game.

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#726216 - 14 years ago

In reply to PeterJ842, #2:

WH40k is short for Warhammer 40k...a tabletop strategy game using models for your army's units.

• CGD

CGD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#726227 - 14 years ago

In reply to strongbadia, #8:

I know it stands for space marine, but it still sounds wrong.

• A_Morpheus

A_Morpheus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#726256 - 14 years ago

i should be going to GW tonight to sort out my dudes and get replacement Hammerhead cos the last one was a miscast and half the engine was missing

• Gantrithor

Gantrithor

#726257 - 14 years ago

I play fantasy and 40K, but I prefer 40K. It's less rigid when it comes to the rules for movement and all that. I got tired of units being right next to mine, but unable to be seen... I have about 2,000 pts of Tau, and about the same number of points for Beastmen (fantasy). I haven't played either in a long while, though, since no one I know at school plays much.

• The_Shaunz

The_Shaunz

#726379 - 14 years ago

WH40K is pretty sweet although im stuck in the old days (I think 2 editions ago?) with my orks :D
    personally i think GW has better games on the smaller scale for example Warhammer Quest, GorkaMorka and Blood Bowl; but thats just my opinion

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#727388 - 14 years ago

In reply to The_Shaunz, #13:

Hey man, everyone loves 2nd edition orcs. We have the old codex sitting around somewhere. Its always a good read.

• SimRicard

SimRicard

#728633 - 14 years ago

i think the new techmarine in ace! (if you particularly want 2 see 1 there is a pic in my images)

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#730157 - 14 years ago

In reply to SimRicard, #15:

The new techmarine is badass. I love it. Someday Ill get around to posting some reliable news/rumors about new stuff coming in for 40k.

• r0xx0rz

r0xx0rz

#731335 - 14 years ago

In reply to strongbadia, #16:

I love the space marine codex, now it means I can take on a Chaos army with an army thats not bland, but one thats got character. New Whirlwind is very cool also.

• The_Shaunz

The_Shaunz

#731967 - 14 years ago

Are the orcs in the new edition any good?
    sorry but i gotta know

• strongbadia

strongbadia

#732000 - 14 years ago

In reply to The_Shaunz, #18:

No Idea, but hopefully after they get done with nids and black templar theyll do orcs. Ive got a small orc army sitting around. Someday Ill get to try it out.

• r0xx0rz

r0xx0rz

#732050 - 14 years ago

In reply to strongbadia, #19:

Orks and Eldar really need to be re-released (We want Harlequins!)

P.S Check out my Warhammer book thread

• A_Morpheus

A_Morpheus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#732137 - 14 years ago

well i just recently had my ass handed to me by an armoured company, 6 TANKS!!!!, though my hammerhead did blow one tank up in one turn of shoting, it was a 245 point tank, also i hate chaos veichles

• staigscrane

staigscrane

#732141 - 14 years ago

In reply to A_Morpheus, #21:

what have i been saying? armoured companies are hard ass. what was the match pointage?

• Azmolial

Azmolial

#735619 - 14 years ago

As a huge 'nids gamer a new codex is well in order I need more unit 'cos I've exhausted almost every conversion possible

• lugarou

lugarou

#735728 - 14 years ago

In reply to Azmolial, #23:

How huge of a Nids player?

• A_Morpheus

#736528 - 14 years ago

In reply to staigscrane, #22: