Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Scrabble

Posts (27)

• dingolord

dingolord

#560407 - 14 years ago

Scrabble gets its own thread because it's better than Monopoly.

Nuff Said.

• PeterJ842

PeterJ842

#560488 - 14 years ago

In reply to dingolord, #1:

Scrabble is for old people and smart people. But otherwise I like scrabble. good game to play

• GodofMetal

GodofMetal

#560490 - 14 years ago

5CR4BBL1 15 1337

• Nibbish

Nibbish

#560507 - 14 years ago

In reply to PeterJ842, #2:

My girlfriend and I play scrabble when we're sick of watching movies, playing video games, or making sweet, sweet love on the beach...

Hmm... come to think of it, why DO we play Scrabble so much??

• benf_2004

benf_2004

#560512 - 14 years ago

I haven't played that in forever. It's pretty fun though.

But I still like Monopoly better.

• dingolord

dingolord

#560539 - 14 years ago

In reply to Nibbish, #4:

My girlfriend and I play scrabble when we're sick of watching movies, playing video games, or making sweet, sweet love on the beach...

My wife and I play it all the time, because she hates that she can't beat me. Saturday, we went out to a bar, grabbed a table, set out Scrabble, and played for about 6 hours straight (12 games or so).

I miss the beach too.

• Nibbish

Nibbish

#560580 - 14 years ago

In reply to dingolord, #6:

Okay, as long as we're not at the beach, what's everyone's records for most points in a word? most points in a game?

Word : 76
    Game : 412

I beat her most of the time, she's been catching on lately, though.

• dingolord

dingolord

#560607 - 14 years ago

In reply to Nibbish, #7:

Word: 65
    Game: 308

It's hard to get more than 300 points in a game sometimes. I figure it's more about quality than quantity. :)

Best word: Vampiric

• SPLChamps

SPLChamps

#561243 - 14 years ago

Scrabble brings me bad childhood memories of being pwned by my dad and sister. Yeah, they're both geniuses. They put down stuff like "Quertzy" and "Arthritis" whereas I'm happy when got "Dog","Cat", and "It". Painful story:
    Last time I played, i managed to gather q, u, e,r, z, and y and there was a lingering t with my name on it. Just before my go, my dad uses the damn t for "Time". Bastard!!!!!!

For those of you who dont know, quertzy is the highest scoring word in scrabble when used on the right tiles....and the Q would've used atriple word score in my case *cries*

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#562622 - 14 years ago

In reply to Marsh, #10:

Are you like Bart Simpson who wants and uses words like "quigibo" (Big dumb American Balding Ape) but isn't allowed to and therefore ruins the game when somebody else with a higher I.Q is able to make a word like "explicatory" out of his tiles

• dingolord

dingolord

#562745 - 14 years ago

In reply to Marsh, #10:

I find that if you just have a dictionary nearby and are able to scan it before playing words, it eliminates the challenge altogether.

Although, if you just use words that are in the dictionary, that works too.

• sammo

sammo

#563024 - 14 years ago

I just played the other day and had quad, but couldn't place it any where. But I did get axe on a trippple word. But I lost by 50 points cause I blow.

• muddslide109

muddslide109

#564680 - 14 years ago

In reply to PeterJ842, #2:

If you like Scrabble, I know I do, you should try Squabble. What you do is take the tiles from your Scrabble set and place them upside down on a table. Everyone takes turns turning over a tile one at a time. When you see a word (3 or more letters) you yell it out and you get that word. It gets interesting when you start stealing each others words by adding more letters to another persons word (you can mix them up or just pluralize it, but you must use all the letters from the original word). Example: their word is - GATE and there is an R on the table, you can make GREAT or GRATE. You can change your own words in an effort to make them more difficult to steal. For the blank tiles, they can be any letter, but when the word is being stolen the original letter chosen for it must stay the same. When all the tiles are turned over, the person with the most words wins.
    I played this with my grandfather and I beat him pretty badly. Then we played regular scrabble and I beat him in that too. He was a little perterbed and suggested that we play Russian Scrabble. What a sore loser. I haven't played either game with him since.

• PeterJ842

PeterJ842

#565391 - 14 years ago

In reply to muddslide109, #14:

Never thought of that to do Thanks. You deserve that Point

• muddslide109

muddslide109

#565594 - 14 years ago

In reply to PeterJ842, #15:

No problem. It is a really fun game. Especially for me because I am very rarely beaten. I don't think my mom even tries anymore, I try to go easier on her, but she has a hard time mixing the letters up to make new words, she can usually only pluralize. Oh, well. I need someone for a challenge.

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#565957 - 14 years ago

In reply to muddslide109, #14:

Good idea - sounds complicated though,

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#1583301 - 14 years ago

This is a great game. Especially if your vocabulary is larger than that of the person you are playing against. That makes it even better.

• jacko1121

jacko1121

#1585278 - 14 years ago

metal_slug_041.gifmetal_slug_040.gifCopy the two soldiers to help them achive site domination (give credit to petrolatum96)

• jacko1121

jacko1121

#1585279 - 14 years ago

o but its a intresting game.......

• kazuwacky

kazuwacky

#1591883 - 14 years ago

How very.... on topic

Beating my mother at scrabble when I was 12 is one of my favourite memories. I really suck at it now though, my friends are too smart.

• schufman

schufman

#1599350 - 14 years ago

Scrabble is awesome. Everyone I know hates it, though, so I hardly ever get to play.

• muddslide109

muddslide109

#3331556 - 13 years ago

I got Super Scrabble for Christmas. I was very excited. I played with my mother, my two aunts, and my grandfather... I beat them all, by a good amount too. It just seems right that I win the first game on my new board... not that they let me win, I know that because I've beaten most of them at regular Scrabble too. I love this game.

• Spartan8907

Spartan8907

#3335363 - 13 years ago

love to use the word QAT in scrabble, cause i never get a damn U when i've got the Q

• somedrumdude

somedrumdude

#3338744 - 13 years ago

Scrabble is definitly awesome. But on time my parents bought this game called UpWords, which seemed to be good at the time, like a variation of scrabble. It was not fun. Nothing can beat the original

• Drummer4life

Drummer4life

#3340816 - 13 years ago

haha, i dunno... i like scrabble, but i also like monopoly... that's a tough choice