Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Magic: The Gathering

Posts (13241)

• redgandalfr

redgandalfr

#33246199 - 3 years ago

In reply to Scribnibbler

I managed to pull a Mana Crypt - so that's definitely going in one of my commander decks - I'm thinking I wanna rebuild Surrak Dragonclaw - from Khans.

When Eldritch Moon drops I'm dying to build a deck using Ever AFter to rock and roll with the new Meld cards.

• THEGENERAL47

THEGENERAL47

#33248266 - 3 years ago

In reply to Scribnibbler

I pulled a foil FoW, so I'd say it went pretty well

• Scribnibbler

Scribnibbler Stand user

#33262047 - 3 years ago

In reply to THEGENERAL47

FOIL dang. thats nice. My friend go a foil sold it asap made some bank

Thats what I like about them doing Eternal master stuff making some old cards that were darn near impossible to get all of a sudden show up. So funny to see these little kids at our friday night magic who think scars of mirrodin is an old set dropping sinkholes.

With wastland and sinkhole in this set i kinda want to do an old school land destruction deck. any one know any other good land kill cards besides those and stripmine

• JDunlap

JDunlap The Dude

#33262074 - 3 years ago

Oh by the way.

Bant Eldrazi was a disaster.

BUT, after a horrible weekend at a SCG Standard Classic, I brewed up something that actually performs really well on a local level: Bant Midrange. It has an insane GW Tokens matchup, which was relevant before EMN, but it still looks like it has a good matchup against Bant Company and several other popular decks.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-07-16-qWB-bant-m...

• random0013

random0013

#33394348 - 2 years ago

Has anyone seen the new spoilers for Aether Revolt?  I am very excited for the new 1UU Disallow.  Counter target spell, activated ability or triggered ability.  Along with the new Ajani Planeswalker, it looks like they might be trying to slow Standard down, maybe...

• Scribnibbler

Scribnibbler Stand user

#33465672 - 2 years ago

In reply to random0013 I so bad at telling what they want to with standard seeing as my friends are super casual vinatge guys. Whats hot in standard now days anyway?

• JDunlap

JDunlap The Dude

#33467690 - 2 years ago

Disallow is going to really push control decks to a good place, along with the Emrakul ban.

• JDunlap

JDunlap The Dude

#33470533 - 2 years ago

In reply to random0013

Hit enter after "In reply to ___" to fix your post formatting.

I've had tons of fun with BR Burn and WU Metallurgic Summonings. Both are very interactive, but at different speeds. I've won FNM with both.

• NukularGear

NukularGear FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33604625 - 2 years ago

So I threw together this modern mono red burn deck and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for improving it short of splashing in colors. 

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• THEGENERAL47

THEGENERAL47

#33605146 - 2 years ago

In reply to NukularGear

Maybe with all those creatures, become immense and atarka's command?

• NukularGear

NukularGear FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33605492 - 2 years ago

In reply to THEGENERAL47

The only thing is, that's splashing in green. I don't really have the money right now to buy Wooded Foothills or whatever fetch land to grab a forest at the speed burn needs

• NukularGear

#33618393 - 2 years ago

You guys ever use MTG Cardsmith?

• 4219_Industries

4219_Industries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold I make stuff for funsies

#33732725 - 1 year ago

Our FLGS does Friday Night Magic as a "casual" Commander/EDH night. I put the casual in quotes because we have that one guy who always shows up with a deck full of $100+ cards and wins the night just about every time.

Oh, well. Still fun to play.

• SgtoSunshine

SgtoSunshine

#33736833 - 1 year ago

In reply to 4219_Industries Just started commander, but wouldn't everyone just prioritize this guy since they know he has the super good stuff?