Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Monopoly

Posts (947)

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16001114 - 6 years ago

Indeed

• dydreemblvr

dydreemblvr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16007691 - 6 years ago

My family's games drag on because my father hates the auction rule, so you can only get a property if you land on it or can convince someone to trade you for it. Takes a while for all of the properties to get out and for anyone to get any high-rent monopolies that start knocking people out of the game. My brother and I must have fought during auctions when we were kids...

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16007724 - 6 years ago

In reply to dydreemblvr, #930:

I hate when people complain about auctions. It is a part of the rules and helps the game move along.

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16011655 - 6 years ago

In reply to bradybuncher, #932:

smiley3.gif

• SChen

SChen

#16027560 - 6 years ago

I always liked the Iron as a piece but apparently at the start of the year they had a poll and now it's no longer an official Monopoly piece. It's being replaced by a cat. www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/02/06/new-monopoly-game-token/1895275/

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16027677 - 6 years ago

In reply to SChen, #934:

That's old news.

How about some new news.

• SChen

SChen

#16027716 - 6 years ago

In reply to monopoly_j, #935:

Oh yeah I heard about that too. I do understand why they might think that would be a good idea but the fact of the matter is that it isn't.

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16027724 - 6 years ago

It's just another version, but it takes risk out of the game.

• SChen

SChen

#16027734 - 6 years ago

I think it will just make the new generation more impatient than they already are. I realize it's a long game to begin with but for me it wasn't really about the game itself more of the people you were. Just one person's opinion though. To each their own.

• kmai00

kmai00

#16364712 - 5 years ago

Never really finish a game, but I remember one time..

My friends and I were playing and I landed on his property, but I didn't have enough money, so instead of selling my houses I made a deal instead. I get to keep my properties, and I will pay for some of his upgrade of his buildings PLUS I get like 10 percent of his taxes while he gets 35% off of mine!

So basically we ended up dealing and the other players were pissed and didn't want to play anymore XD

It worked out in the end

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#16364766 - 5 years ago

In reply to kmai00, #939:

Deals can go south for others.

• kindachishota

kindachishota

#33694861 - 1 year ago

It was one of the most favorite game in my home, where all the family members can play together. All of us used to play this game hours and sometime all the day and night also. :) 

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#33694865 - 1 year ago

Someone arrives!

• kindachishota

kindachishota

#33700362 - 1 year ago

I think yes.. :p 

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#33700731 - 1 year ago

Now what?

• kindachishota

kindachishota

#33708279 - 1 year ago

What do you think?

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#33708474 - 1 year ago

I'm always here.

LOL

I did finally play Monopoly Gamer though. That was fun.

• kindachishota

kindachishota

#33709322 - 1 year ago

That is cool... lol

• Lithiumlips

Lithiumlips Alison [Dutch Nickel]

#33729588 - 1 year ago

I played Pokemonopoly with three of my friends a few weeks ago and it may have caused a permanent rift. One of my friends, on a winning high while I was going down in flames, passed go, collected his $200, and then tossed it at me casually saying, "Here, I'll just toss it to the pity jar." Is it normal that I ABSOLUTELY almost climbed across the table and beat him to death?

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#33729617 - 1 year ago

That can happen.

• Lithiumlips

Lithiumlips Alison [Dutch Nickel]

#33729706 - 1 year ago

In reply to monopoly_j

I don't mind losing, it happens, but I can't STAND smug winners. 

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#33729729 - 1 year ago

Indeed