Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Settlers of Catan

Posts (67)

• Agent89

Agent89

#888378 - 14 years ago

Anyone ever play this. It's a great strategy board game to play with friends and family. If you want, you can play a free online version of it. it's a little rough, but still great fun.
    JSettlers

• geoff

geoff FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#892135 - 14 years ago

I play.

• RoadBlock

RoadBlock FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DONGS

#893174 - 14 years ago

A buddy of mine has the big wooden box that's got "CATAN" printed on the front. It's got all of the variants and add-ons for settlers, knights and so on. I'm not sure if it's got the Spacefarers.

I prefer Settlers, though.

• dingolord

dingolord

#893562 - 14 years ago

Anyone who hasn't tried yet needs to try the new version online. It's still free for the next couple days.

Catan Online at MSN Games

• Scapino1974

Scapino1974

#906829 - 14 years ago

I love it, but I can't find people to play it that often.

• WNxArrakis

WNxArrakis

#919685 - 14 years ago

TO SETTLERS OF CATAN fans: google "sea3d" . you wont be disappointed. Settlers +Seafares online/network/hotseat program in a 7 meg file. It cant be beat.

• Agent89

Agent89

#923527 - 14 years ago

In reply to WNxArrakis, #6:

Cool, i'll have to check that out

• WNxArrakis

WNxArrakis

#928373 - 14 years ago

NP man. the internet population is pretty low, so the mnore players that are on there the more fun ppl have! :)

• Agent89

Agent89

#930800 - 14 years ago

is does have AI players?

• WNxArrakis

WNxArrakis

#934102 - 14 years ago

No. this was made in a guy's basement, so very low budget :P

• Agent89

Agent89

#936669 - 14 years ago

bummer

• Bigmookie27

Bigmookie27

#1412618 - 14 years ago

In reply to Agent89, #11:

I love settlers, this is my favorite board game at the moment, and for good reason, i am the current reigning undefeated champion of my family....nothing feels better than trading with someone for one brick, then using that to win the game in the same turn....yeah....

• snappy

snappy

#1495821 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bigmookie27, #12: There you go bragging, again. By the look of our pic, you need to work on your gut!

• Omnipresence

Omnipresence

#1496889 - 14 years ago

I've played it, I love it, and I don't know why. It's nothing like my other games, but I still like it.

• Foton

Foton

#1625604 - 14 years ago

i suck so much at this game but its awesome.

• TopherBeadle

TopherBeadle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Freelancer to my Core

#1720770 - 14 years ago

Definitely the best game I've played. I also have a friend who has the whole lot of versions plus expansions including all the set games like Settlers of Canaan etc. He has an absolutely massive trunk and carts it around the whole country with him wherever he goes. Have to say I do quite like Starfarers.

• Stonesword

Stonesword

#2374105 - 13 years ago

We have the game with the expansion. We have played with one or two other couples. It's hard to get together with schedules and most people we know have younger children.

• JohnWE

JohnWE

#2381963 - 13 years ago

This is an awesome game.. My friend and I play it and I usually end up 50% of the time in first, and he usually ends up evenly split :)

• bewencher

bewencher

#2400103 - 13 years ago

I played on MSN all the time before they wanted me to start paying for it. Bastards. It's a fun game. Definately addicting.

• Stonesword

Stonesword

#2434553 - 13 years ago

That's the way pushers work.

• Joonman

Joonman

#2437225 - 13 years ago

So this is PC and table top?

• ladyfelicity

ladyfelicity

#2443699 - 13 years ago

Ryrdx: The original was tabletop, and apparently, from what I'm getting from this thread, there's a PC version too. So, yes.

• egamer86

egamer86

#2447691 - 13 years ago

Yeah, there are a few online versions.

• darqcyde

darqcyde

#2458362 - 13 years ago

How can you not love a game where one of the main elemens is sheep! Unless of course you're scottish, then you might just LOVE the game.

• jgrindal

jgrindal

#2458755 - 13 years ago

Hells yes, ladies. Where is a good online version, I've only seen one REALLY crappy version....