Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Settlers of Catan

Posts (67)

• lachab

lachab

#15998212 - 6 years ago

Anyone from Austin going to the Catan tournaments at Dragons Lair?

• MysLorenzo

MysLorenzo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16015306 - 6 years ago

Oh goodness, I am far too cut throat at this game. I love it but people hate me afterwards. Side note: I've only ever lost twice.

• DoritosandDragons

DoritosandDragons

#16015445 - 6 years ago

The first time i played this game me and my friend got in a fight because i rolled a seven and i placed the robber on his tile, Then i proceeded to ask him for a card to be told a cant take that one.This lasted for two minutes before we on ground fighting for the card. It ended with my other friend just letting me take a card from the pile. well long story short he ended up winning the game in two turns and still to this day denies that he won by cheating.But all in all great game.

• MysLorenzo

MysLorenzo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16015566 - 6 years ago

In reply to Nandice, #55:

It can also make them better! I screwed someone over the very first time I played Catan. Ever since that game, he has been my ally in any games we play together! :D

• KacyCrawford

KacyCrawford

#16016789 - 6 years ago

I would like to play, someone want to invite me

• Jolliass

Jolliass

#16094362 - 6 years ago

Wow this thread is not doing much, it's such a shame though, literally one of my top 3 board games, it pisses me off so much when people are like "Yeah, board games are crap Scrabble is boring because it's words" and then you ask them about another board game like Settlers of Catan or Carcassonne and they say it's crap because they haven't heard of it. The iOS app used to be super crap but now it's actually not too bad from what I've heard and I 100% recommend buying it.

• CulCoffey

CulCoffey

#16111934 - 6 years ago

In reply to geoff, #2:

I love playing Catan with my family and friends its so much fun when you get good players together. I also really enjoy cards against humanity :)

• PebblesYT

PebblesYT

#16115969 - 6 years ago

It's a great game to begin with, but the Cities and Knights expansion makes it incredible.

• CulCoffey

CulCoffey

#16116189 - 6 years ago

In reply to PebblesYT, #60:

Is the expansion cool I haven't had the chance to play that yet

• PebblesYT

PebblesYT

#16117166 - 6 years ago

In reply to CulCoffey, #61:

It's really, REALLY good. It makes it a lot more complex and it's difficult to learn how to play when you're used to playing without it. But once you get used to it it's brill.

• Jolliass

Jolliass

#16117284 - 6 years ago

We have the traders and barbarians and it's like it's a new gamp!

• CulCoffey

CulCoffey

#16117620 - 6 years ago

In reply to PebblesYT, #62:

I will have to play it some time :) I'll see if one of my friends have it

• PrinceTarqan

PrinceTarqan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16118950 - 6 years ago

The Knights expansion is the best one, but just about any expansion is enjoyable.

• Jolliass

Jolliass

#16120037 - 6 years ago

I like using the expansions but nothing beats just the standard one in my opinion, expansions are good for mixing it up a bit though

• CulCoffey

CulCoffey

#16120775 - 6 years ago

This one time in my youth group we had this crazy huge Catan tournament we had like 6 games going it once it was awesome

• lachab

lachab

#16146890 - 5 years ago

We throw a local Catan night every month here in Austin and it's always pretty rad.

• Jolliass

Jolliass

#16237720 - 5 years ago

In reply to lachab, #68:

Catan night would be amazing but no such luck in Oxford