Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Why Chess sucks

Posts (98)

• Degas

Degas

#1726191 - 14 years ago

However stimulatory chess may be, and I do forcuncuate that it is a brilliant game, it is not practical. Have you ever sat down with a friend and say, "Hey! We have a couple minutes, lets play some chess! I'll be white!" Despite the racial puns that could be inserted, chess is not practical unless you have a lot of time and the skill to do so. I am a novice at chess, my rear is pulinificated every time I play somebody, but most of the time we just get bored and play some football. So although chess is fortucerebellius, it is not the best game in the world.

• king_tobo

king_tobo

#1726266 - 14 years ago

I might be able to agree with you if I only knew what those words meant!

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726426 - 14 years ago

You can't play, you're not good enough to have a good game, don't fucking start a thread just to flame my game. (har ahr har)

• Degas

Degas

#1726444 - 14 years ago

Can you legirify? Read what I say, I said that those who know how to play can have fun while the laymen are left hopelessly criss-crossing bishops in vain jabs at picking away the opposition.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726472 - 14 years ago

ALSO I have a pretty odd story I may as well insert. My friends and I play pick up football games, for a little bit of fun after school. Now usually, sicne they live futher away, my friends Joey and Jean who are twins of equally "athletic" (beastie huge and strong) appearance. SO they came over and Jean spots a chess board and exclaims "There's no way you could beat me in chess" we sat down and played five games in about 2 hours as Joey entertained him self with my fridge >.<. Some people (and people you really wouldn't expect) do actually say 'Hey let's play some chess' simpley because you're circle of friends aren't of skill in this tactical and challenging game, doesn't mean the game sucks... Plus I've got more chicks playing chess than I have playing say...monopoly! (so far one chess chick and no monoply chicks) X_X lol it's sad because it's true!

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726478 - 14 years ago

(Jean=Laymen)

• Degas

Degas

#1726483 - 14 years ago

Every rule has an exception, so I can see your statifort.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726501 - 14 years ago

WELL WEBSTER I'm jsut gunna report this to a MOD for flaming a bloody board game and hope your thread get's locked. Have a happy day.

• Degas

Degas

#1726505 - 14 years ago

You honestly can say this is a flame? Dude, calm down.

• kyllo

kyllo

#1726517 - 14 years ago

hmm he started a thread to flame chess... Although I like chess he has a point... its not a game ya just sit down and play for a quick game.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726583 - 14 years ago

I figured you'd be inteligent enough to have read the rules if you were going to start a thread, and decied to try to be cool by posting this to flame my chess post. You took the risk, and I reported you for it. Maybe this will discourage you from flaming random board games! X_x

• Degas

Degas

#1726590 - 14 years ago

...(sigh) Your zealous love for your game leaves you isolated from any alien logic.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726619 - 14 years ago

I do like the game, but honestly you either play chess and enjoy it (or you wouldn't play chess) Or you don't play chess and don't care, so stop going around N00Bishly flaming board games other people might hold dear... I'll tell the truth I play chess less than ten times a year, and am not a cinsiderable HUGE fan of it. It's just that some random N00B going around flaming a board game should be reported so that all N00Bs don't just go around flaming everything!

• Degas

Degas

#1726630 - 14 years ago

Have you heard me bash chess? I only said that it is a game for those who know how to play, and suddenly you come up and call me a noob. Wow, I applaud your maturity. I don't "flame" things, if I wanted to, I would have donbe much worse than my light criticism.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726655 - 14 years ago

your N00Bish title for it is "why Chess Sucks" posted a few minutes after my thread about chess goes up. it's simple enough for you to post on my thread and say, "hey I suck at chess and am not intelligent enough to effectively play it!" Instead you randomly make up words, and post about "why Chess Sucks" this, to me, seems ENTIRELY N00Bish...

• Degas

Degas

#1726669 - 14 years ago

Wow, and yet, you continue to post on this thread. Also, you seem to disregard the fact that if I WAS flaming chess and if I WAS a noob, I would have posted in your thread...and I didn't. Now please, stop posting here and spare my computer screen from your verbal diarrhea.

• LuvlyNitemar

LuvlyNitemar

#1726693 - 14 years ago

May as well post before it gets locked, no? AND I want it to be very clear, I reported this thread because it breaks the rules and if every N00B was allowed to break the rules there would be "Why ____ Sucks" posted every two seconds with fake latin bases galore! That's something I'd hate to see, and am trying to prevent by reporting bull shit like this.

• Degas

Degas

#1726700 - 14 years ago

(Sigh) Your inability to listen is fascinating.

• jen2706

jen2706

#1727409 - 14 years ago

um, get over it?

• gangster

gangster

#1727558 - 14 years ago

Because you cant play

• gangster

gangster

#1727562 - 14 years ago

In reply to LuvlyNitemar, #15:

its legitiment any way "the title"
    but ya if this guy cant play he might as well learn how

• gangster

gangster

#1727567 - 14 years ago

*this thread should have been deleted*
    and i shouldnt have posted

• Kor

Kor

#1728067 - 14 years ago

Chess is a kickass game. No one is forcing you to play it. And every time you agree or want to play it, even though you hate it , makes you a dumbass.

• littlefreaky

littlefreaky

#1728488 - 14 years ago

In reply to Degas, #1:

Those arent real words dumbass, and chess is a great game. I'll bet you just have never played before and if you have you've never won. Thats still no reason to hate a board game. You need to sit down and actually PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

• Phorpus

Phorpus

#1729025 - 14 years ago

Guys calm down, he made valid points and all of you chess fanatics are doing are discouraging him from playing at all. So simer down.

Littlefreaky, read his journal.