Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

A Game of Thrones

Posts (17)

• klbryant

klbryant

#3878776 - 13 years ago

This game is based on the best-selling novel series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

I'm a huge fan of the books and I've been debating on wheather or not I should purchase this game.

I wanted to see if anyone has played this game yet. Is it fun to play? Is it worth the purchase?

Game of Thrones

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3879688 - 13 years ago

I didn't know they were making a game out of the novels

• WNxArrakis

WNxArrakis

#3880806 - 13 years ago

yeah they were:

20050420.jpg

Its been in the works for a while =D

• FalloutMonky

FalloutMonky

#3884425 - 13 years ago

Also there is a board game based on it . It's like a diceless risk, me and my friends think it's great but you have to plan ahed to plan it, becuase it can take hours

• klbryant

klbryant

#3885637 - 13 years ago

In reply to FalloutMonky, #4:

Cool, I just placed my order for the board game... hope it gets here soon I can't wait to play it.

• Chipper173

Chipper173

#4193397 - 13 years ago

I'm in a Game of Thrones RPG right now, and it's pretty fun. I don't know much about the mythology, but we're all stationed at this big wall place. Pretty fun.

• NinjaDozer

NinjaDozer

#4519685 - 13 years ago

Here is the rundown from my own exp.

The board game:
    Made by Fantasy Flight games, Game of Thrones with one expansion Clash of Kings, new expansion is due out in Nov 06 called Storm of Swords. It rocks, so much fun the play. Now dice used, five players easy to understand, very well balanced. If you do get the expansion it really ups the game allowing for many optional rules, such as seige, new house cards, six player game, ect.

The game works on a simple random event generator and a bidding status system. Combat is delt through a diplomacy order and support system with "house cards" to add an unknown factor to the battle outcome. Can be played with 3-5 pers (6 w/ expansion) take about 2-3 hrs depending on the crew you play with.

The RPG
    Also made by Fantasy flight games, it is a stand alone d20 based RPG that takes the realism from the books and translates it very well into a d20 system, taking much from d20 modern, spycraft and otehr d20 games. Excellent d20 game for low magic, very brutal very quick combat. The system mods I would like to see used with another fantasy setting.

• DoubleShadow

DoubleShadow

#15282836 - 7 years ago

There's a board game, and there's also a card game of Game of Thrones. The card game looked a lot like Magic: The Gathering, and that made me lose interest.

Great, now I really want to play the board game now...

• Jiazzz

Jiazzz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15920487 - 6 years ago

In reply to DoubleShadow, #9:

What else could you expect from a card game? The difference is that it's a LCG (Living Card Game), so instead of buying booster packs with a random content, you buy sets or expansions.

The board game is great, next to the military strategic element also a small political element in the influence track, I love it. And the limitations on army sizes also makes planning and diplomacy very important.

• WMDan

WMDan

#15988750 - 6 years ago

I have a lot of fun playing this game, but it seems kind of broken without 6 players. With any less, it's really easy for the Tyrells to march through the forts at the south part of the map and win quickly.

• airborne17th

airborne17th

#16012012 - 6 years ago

I love the board game but, yeah you really do need six players and it is very debatably the problems that inherently exist such as Martells gets a lot of seconds or solid placements but very hard to win and the problem with Greyjoys and Lannisters always at each other's throats at the beginning of the game. Still the asymmetrical board layout and house cards makes for a very compelling game and leads to interesting player interaction.

• PtrckCowley

PtrckCowley

#16028646 - 6 years ago

In reply to WMDan, #11:

I've seen some modded rule sets online that make it perfect for different amounts of players

• WMDan

WMDan

#16041476 - 6 years ago

In reply to JastGG, #13:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it. Any chance you have a link?

• PtrckCowley

PtrckCowley

#16041502 - 6 years ago

In reply to WMDan, #14:

Here's a pdf with rule sets for 3,4, and 5 players

• fb_144651086453569

fb_144651086453569

#33733557 - 1 year ago

Try playing fireboy and watergirl online.

• rt-201902220800328225276

rt-201902220800328225276

#33761036 - 1 week ago

the stunning look and the imaginative and awful appearance as the occasion requests. Getting the stunning ensemble and the outfit makes them look astounding. Long coats with unmistakable styles are the best one for the occasion to look astounding. Buy Video Game Cry V Coat

• michaelcormier

michaelcormier

#33761037 - 1 week ago

Such a great discussion here and I would like to join you, We confidently offer solutions of superior quality, with affordable packages to satisfy all customers. We also have a young, dynamic, and talented Creative Department willing to always work together with the client. Custom Logo Design San Francisco