Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Have you made your own game?

Posts (45)

• ElixirUltra

ElixirUltra FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Youtube Neverbeen

#17013112 - 5 years ago

Both my friend and I have made our own pen and paper RPG games, made from scratch, from dice system to rules to lore; mine is a Fusion/D20 based system revolving around different alternate realities and Apocalypse scenarios.

• Bretc

Bretc FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17094388 - 4 years ago

In reply to CharlesC1000, #24:

Huh. are you me? Haha I've had the idea for quite a while but haven't really gotten to work on it till about a month ago. My friends have been giving me feedback and we are having a lot of fun working on it. I decided to use the d6 system as well, but I'm also taking inspiration from DnD and some of my video game background. I'm happy to see that there is a desire for this kind of project!

Cheers from a fellow tabletop and RWBY fanatic, and best of luck on your project!

• blueshoematt

blueshoematt

#17322387 - 4 years ago

In reply to Tylerfeague, #1:

Actually my friend and I have a party game that's up on Kickstarter right now. You should check it out.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/849460623/hexa-the-f...

• IcePeddler

IcePeddler

#17375377 - 4 years ago

I'm in the process of designing a card game now. It is presently in beta. That's how I found this site. I was looking for a place to talk about games in general.

It took me a long time to get to the stage I am at now. Mostly because of procrastination on my part.

• eagerDigger

eagerDigger

#17383547 - 4 years ago

I was working on at least 2 different card games, but I literally have no idea how to 'formally' format the rules into something that could be shown to people and played.

Plus, Playtesting is a little harder.
    The idea was that it was a 'siege' card game, you send dudes down lanes to attack, you could send them through the central path but the enemies would be coming out through there too..Or you could send them through the right and left paths, but it was more difficult to do so as the walls and fortifications were on those paths. I was working on 3 factions: One that had power when their units were arranged in certain ways, one that had sneaky traps and stealth tricks, and another that had weak units but they could build unique fortifications and repair their fortifications in the middle of a battle.

• MrWithay

MrWithay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17391219 - 4 years ago

I've made this, does it count?

• IcePeddler

IcePeddler

#17399896 - 4 years ago

In reply to eagerDigger, #30:

When you say "was" working does that mean you have stopped, or that you've hit a wall?

That game sounds neat! Could you tell me a little more about it? Is it cooperative? How do you build units? Kill units? etc.

I used a template from the game crafter to help with my rules. They've also got a booklet if you need that, but the document should help with a little structure. Here is the link: www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/Document

• CasualDragon

CasualDragon

#17401097 - 4 years ago

I know I have. My first (of several) is currently on Kickstarter. Its called Island Dice. Once it funds I will start finishing up two more game.

• EricKonecne

EricKonecne

#17404391 - 4 years ago

It's Street Fighter meets UFC in this action packed card/dice game of epic proportions. The post and future meet in present to vie for the Grand Championship. The bad guys have other plans and try to destroy all things. Check it out. t.co/DQ61wsdf1c

• ChristianMuc

ChristianMuc

#17408987 - 4 years ago

I currently have a game on Kickstarter. Check it out, leave me some feedback. I'm developing apps for tablets, phones and PCs to help streamline game play and facilitate easier online play.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409548667/ultimum

• papajohn56

papajohn56 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Dulator

#17425335 - 4 years ago

Actually just finished the first version of a deck building card game of my own design this week. Cobbling together a prototype set to play test with my friends.

• theb00st

theb00st

#17433404 - 4 years ago

I have aided and abetted a friend of mine in making a table top. Echoes of the Fall is fully developed, play tested, and epic! You pilot a humanoid battle mech, your PHASMA, and fight PHASMA of the opposing faction. Fight for the Fringe of Coalition in the post-nuclear war torn world of Akrion. Check out more at our Kickstarter! All we need is funding. The game is ready to print!

www.kickstarter.com/projects/phasma/echoes-of-the...

• strategem

strategem

#17435515 - 4 years ago

I have just spent the last 2 years creating a 28mm RPG style tabletop fantasy skirmish game. It has been fun and challenging but now it is currently on kickstarter to help raise the funds to get the miniatures sculpted.

The game itself is streamlined and still has tactical and strategic elements to master which makes it ideal for beginners and experienced players in the tabletop and DnD world.

• iamspidey87

iamspidey87

#17436392 - 4 years ago

Yea, I've been working with an indie developer doing design and art. It's been really fun and rewarding.
    Check it out here, and if you like it, please back us. The game has playtested really well so far.
    www.kickstarter.com/projects/1050634263/cypress-inheritance-the-board-game?fb_action_ids=999720241296&fb_action_types=og.shares

• YetiHandler

YetiHandler

#17446132 - 4 years ago

If you are a fan of the Ghostbusters franchise, you should check out this board game before it's too late!

www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the...

• KellyG123

KellyG123

#17458696 - 4 years ago

Yes, I am in the process of making a test prep game for my students. It's a physics test prep with some steampunk elements. The spinner is made of metal and rests on a gear and the cards look like they were written on old paper:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128297411/simply-ph...

• Rhomag

Rhomag

#17504774 - 4 years ago

I love that there are so many creative ambitious people out there designing great new games! As a beer enthusiast and game lover, I wanted to make a game where your pint glass reflects how you play the game on your turn. The point of the game isn't to get drunk but to use your resources effectively to win, so your pint glass is like another component of the game.

It's gone through 12 versions now and this has been the best one, its fit for any player-casual or hardcore & open to any kind of drinker (light or heavy), it's completely up to the player.

?format=1500w

Basic overview is that you work together to add hit points onto outlaws but only 1 of you can win the trophy by dishing out the final blow. There are three major resources in the game; Beer, Money & Abilities. Many of these resources are shared and must be recycled back into the community for forward momentum, thus giving the game a fragile balance of power. It’s all about teamwork, deception, resource management and well-timed executions... and you might get a little tipsy during the process.

I'm going to launch the kickstarter this month and have been trying to get the word out to interested parties. Hope you guys like it :)

www.alewoodthegame.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/alewoodthegame

• StruggleBG

StruggleBG

#17601821 - 4 years ago

Currently working on my own at the moment! And starting a kickstarter for it soon. Check it out on Facebook and read the rules about my game on my site below. Starting the kickstarter on the 25th of this month!

www.facebook.com/pages/Struggle-A-Game-of-Dece...

www.struggleboardgame.com/

• Mr_grimdark

Mr_grimdark

#17615002 - 4 years ago

I'm currently working on a Borderlands RPG based off the D&D 5e system, and a friend made a homebrew version of UNO called "UNO form hell" which is pretty much UNO designed to cause as much rage as humanly possible.

• RealSquishy

RealSquishy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33720998 - 1 year ago

Figured I'd post here instead of making a new topic. I've been working on a tabletop RPG for the last few years and we went to kickstarter last week. We're half way to the funding goal and things are looking pretty good. Feel free to ask me any questions about it or check out the let's plays we've done of the game with various podcasts (all found in the Media section). The Tabletop Potluck one I wasn't personally involved in, but it's incredibly funny.