Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Cards Against Humanity House Rules

Posts (8)

• SeamusTheRed

SeamusTheRed FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16862803 - 5 years ago

So, I bought Cards Against Humanity a few months ago, and my friends and I have been loving it. However, the game's been getting a bit stale, so I was wondering what your favorite house rules were. Not just burning your hand or wagering cards or simple ones, but variations on the typical formula of the game.

I'll start with one that we tried. We only had tree people, so we played "All for One" where the is no Card Czar, and we voted on the winner.

Drinking games also welcome smiley7.gif

• exklusiv

exklusiv dibidibidis

#16863033 - 5 years ago

The way we play, whoever didn't win the round has to take a drink. So the card czar and the card winner don't drink. Whoever is drunk first loses.

• cwin90

cwin90 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BaDumTiss

#16863564 - 5 years ago

In reply to exklusiv, #2:

I enjoy this idea. Will be using it the next time I play with friends.

• Liela

Liela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16865232 - 5 years ago

My group does this thing where one person grabs a black card and everyone else grabs ONE white card (instead of the usual seven.) If the black card holder tells us to draw another (such as if there are two blanks to fill in on his/her black card) then we draw another. We each read our white cards to ourselves, but the black card holder does not read the black card out loud. Then we all throw our cards in, and the black card holder reads them all out loud. He/she then chooses her favorite and awards him/her the black card like usual.

It's fun because it's a lot quicker than normal Cards Against Humanity (although we love doing that as well) and it's funny because the resulting phrases are a surprise to everyone. The phrases don't always end up making sense of course, but they often do, and in ways we wouldn't have thought of. Also, when we play almost every week with our pals, we can start predicting which white card is whose. This takes the prediction completely out of it, because it ends up being random.

Post edited 7/16/14 7:47PM

• Rchll

Rchll

#16930325 - 5 years ago

We play where the winner is the one who reads the next black card. That means people cannot win one more than one round in a row. Truth be told not sure thats a house rule since I don't own the game and some one else taught me to play, but I have found that other groups than my main gaming one go clockwise as readers instead. Also we allow for discarding at any time white cards you don't want and picking new hands cause some of us are different age groups and don't have points of reference for some cards.

• Jithrandix

Jithrandix

#16977463 - 5 years ago

These sound pretty good.

• CaseyE

CaseyE FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17632346 - 4 years ago

We've played pictionary with the white cards. Break into teams, pick a designated artist for that round, and the team has one minute to get through as many cards as possible. Typical pictionary rules apply. You'd be surprised how quickly you learn to draw a 3-second dick.

• TnDi

TnDi

#33230875 - 3 years ago

I haven't tried this, but maybe the way MDB is played could also work.

Have a game czar and everyone draws 7 white cards and 1 black card then form the best combination they can. Winner can designate a person to take a shot.

Rule against burning could be, if the combination is really horrible (Decided either by the czar or the group) then take two shots.