Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

The Unofficial RWBY Tabletop RPG, Update 6.29.17

Posts (8)

• EnderofThing

EnderofThing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33628671 - 2 years ago

Hello everyone, we're back (finally). I know the Summer update for the past few years have been major overhauls, and that this time it is much smaller in scope. The major goal of this update was to reduce confusion for new players and make certain information easier to find. This is mainly done with design and syntax. Very little in the way of balance updates.

The Unofficial RWBY Tabletop RPG, Update 6.29.17

Changes

Chapters

• "Playing the Game" and "Mastering the Game" have been changed to "Character Creation" and "Playing the Game" respectively.

Character creation has been streamlined, most notably with the removal of the list of skill check descriptions and the addition of a quick reference table for the various combat uses for attributes.

Playing the Game has been reorganized to present useful information for players before it presents information more useful for GMs.

Weapon Styles

• "Weapon Variants" are now called "Weapon Styles"

This vocabulary is much more accurate as to how a characters weapon affects the character.

Exotic Weapon Mods

Added a short example List.

New Grimm

• Beringal, Nucklavee, Petra Gigas, Geist, and Elemental Templates have been added.

Nucklaveee, Petra Gigas. and Geist are now under the "Exotic Enemy" section. This is really to separate them from the standard set of Grimm.

Swarms

Dust Effects now do proper damage against swarms.

Adventure

Section describing the GM's job has been moved to the Adventure section.

Glossary

Removed

Small patch notes this time. Some of you may have also noticed we moved to Google Docs a while back for simplicity and so that it is no longer hidden behind a download link. Even if this game isn't what you are looking for, come and join us over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Rwbytabletop/ and you might find one that's more your style.

Thank you again to everyone for playing, see you at RTX.

• Skyknight1980

Skyknight1980

#33685027 - 1 year ago

Hey, I got an older version of this rulebook almost 2 years ago. Never got the time to actually read it but now I found this new version and the first thing I noticed is the different character sheet. I see that things like Aura and Health are now calculated differently. Were the characters too op without these tweaks? Or was it something else that made you change it?

I think I will have to read through both of them now and decide for myself which one is better(lots of publisher made RPGs I think the older versions are better)!

• EnderofThing

EnderofThing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33685504 - 1 year ago

We had a major overhaul to the aura system in June of 2016, the game has changed significantly in a few specific areas. I always think the current version is the best, but the older versions are out there for anyone who prefers them.

• Skyknight1980

Skyknight1980

#33686320 - 1 year ago

The first version I downloaded was February 2016. I always wanted to read into it but never got to. I kinda like the old style of the character sheet better.The sheet from Feb2016 looks more oldschool. I started gaming in the 90's so that's probably where that taste comes from. 

I hope I actually find the time to read into your rules, because a game campaign set in the world of RWBY sounds awesome. I didn't really know that I wanted this before I stumbled across it. Thank you for making it.

• DracoTitan

DracoTitan

#33707609 - 1 year ago

Is anyone running this right now?

• EnderofThing

#33707657 - 1 year ago

Personally know of several groups who play, and many more who post to the Subreddit periodically regarding rules clarifications. At the very least, of the RWBY systems I have seen, it is definately the most active.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753027 - 7 months ago

Cool! Where can I get the ownload link?

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753028 - 7 months ago

NVM im a dumbass sometimes