Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

RWBY: Combat Ready

Posts (23)

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33662293 - 1 year ago

I know this forum is less than exciting, but surely there are still a few lurkers around here who are vaguely interested in the new board game RT is making, RWBY: Combat Ready and who have questions about it. 

If you are curious or have questions or just want to talk about it with friends, here's the place to be! :)

• V2Blast

V2Blast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33662422 - 1 year ago

Is it fun?

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33662713 - 1 year ago

In reply to V2Blast

I've gotten the chance to play it a few different times. I'm usually not a big fan of board games (I legit NEED to read every single rule before I ever feel comfortable playing a game and that usually turns off the other players) but because I have this background knowledge of RWBY and it's a little intuitive that you do XYZ to make ABC happen, I had fun. 

Definitely a group of 4 is the way to do, but we did play with 3 people as well and that went just fine. 

• V2Blast

V2Blast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33662932 - 1 year ago

In reply to Chelsea

Glad to hear it. Thanks!

• HollyHoward

HollyHoward

#33667077 - 1 year ago

Hi everyone. I just played some combat ready at RTX London and it is was pretty fun. Still some bits I don’t fully understand but it certainly left me wanting to learn. It is like part card game, part board game and part table top RPG. 

The only thing that is that I am worried about finding people to play with here in London. Are there many backers from London our there? I am sure we could arrange something as a get together for backers who have secured their copy to find allies in the battle against Torchwick and the Grims! 

• resniperowl

resniperowl

#33668292 - 1 year ago

I have an inquiry regarding pledge amounts and the pledge manager, which I've also sent a PM of to the Rooster Teeth KS account, but didn't get a reply back unfortunately.

I've unfortunately suffered a financial rainy day, so I'm unable to put much money into the KS campaign for the rest of the duration that it will be up, but I would very much to still be a part of the project. I know you guys are using BackerKit, but I've only used BackerKit with other KS projects where I was able to pledge the full amount of money that I intended to pledge.

If I put a bare minimum ($1), will I also be granted access to BackerKit, where I can put in money later for the game? Also asking another question because I've seen the contrary, but if granted access to BackerKit, will minimum pledge backers also be granted access to add-ons via BackerKit?

• resniperowl

resniperowl

#33668554 - 1 year ago

confused

If you guys are unable to answer my question, who would I be able to talk to about my issue? Because you guys aren't talking to me here, nor are you guys responding to my PM on Kickstarter.

• Gwiggle

Gwiggle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33668744 - 1 year ago

So uhh.. Can there be a coin only tier? for like $60 maybe?

• resniperowl

resniperowl

#33669137 - 1 year ago

In reply to chelsea

If you are curious or have questions or just want to talk about it with friends, here's the place to be! :)

So much for answering questions.

• Chelsea

#33669583 - 1 year ago

In reply to resniperowl

Sorry about the delay - I'm just one person answering everyone's questions. 

But, to answer your question- if you pledge $1 - you will be sent a survey from BackerKit. At this point in time we do not know what add-on items will be available through BackerKit, but at the very least the game itself will be available for purchase through that for a limited time. 

• ChrisPandaChun

ChrisPandaChun

#33670900 - 1 year ago

I am knew to kick starter and made an account just for your new game and do not know how it works. All I would like to know is where, when and how I can add my address so the product can be shipped to the address. I could not find this information in the kick starter FAQ so I am asking you directly now. If this has caused any inconvenience I apologize. Please answer this question because I am anxious and don't know how to use kick starter and am nervous about the shipping. Thank you for your time reading this message/question.

• ChrisPandaChun

ChrisPandaChun

#33670901 - 1 year ago

In reply to resniperow Me to

• EternalValor

EternalValor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33721136 - 1 year ago

Looking at the comments on the Kickstarter page, it seems like backers haven't seen any updates in 2 months.... and their emails haven't been responded to.

Lack of communication about the game is making people really nervous that RT doesn't care....

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723758 - 1 year ago

Wait! Theres a RWBY Board game?! Why have I not heard about this?

• astrochris

astrochris FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725306 - 1 year ago

I'm also concerned about the lack of updates.  Addresses were locked in February, but people move.  I think everyone expects that if the addresses are locked, that things are shipping.  This doesn't seem to have been the case for me, and now it looks like I'm gifting somebody a surprise copy of the game.

Great for them, I guess.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33725457 - 1 year ago

I did it even know this was a thing and I check the forums daily!

• Dracounguis

Dracounguis

#33743282 - 10 months ago

Just got my game today.  Had to bribe my cat with treats to get her off the box.

i2NnLuR.jpg

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33743537 - 10 months ago

COOL!! also cats man...

• Chelsea

#33745001 - 10 months ago

In reply to Dracounguis

Solid cat content. 10/10

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33745110 - 10 months ago

where can I get a copy?

• jfm3

jfm3 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745491 - 9 months ago

I'm going through the rules and there's nothing about how the sub-bosses are used in play.  Could you possibly explain their use in making Team RWBY's lives hell adding depth to the game?

• jfm3

jfm3 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745493 - 9 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

The RT store has copies now that the KS copies have been shipped

• acgalaga

acgalaga

#33745583 - 9 months ago

In reply to jfm3 - Sub-bosses are described in the scenario book p4. They are considered an "objective" and put in play as you would any other objective. They are similar to minions except they attack every round rather than once every duel.