Forums > FIRST Members

The Reason You Sponsored

Posts (1044)

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#12180575 - 10 years ago

In the poll above, if there was a single thing you sponsored in order to get, what was it? If it was a combination of things, which were they (in a reply)? If it was something else not on the list, what was it?

• dreamcast717

dreamcast717

#12180582 - 10 years ago

I sponsored to support RT, all the stuff on the list is just added benefits. Been doing it since the first season and it's still my main reason.

What a lame ass rhyme.

• little_chief

little_chief

#12180590 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

I feel bad if I don't watch as many people as possible. I didn't become a sponsor knowing about that feature, but being non sponsor seems scary now.

• otaku1412

otaku1412 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Amazonian

#12180632 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

i sponsored RT cause they are f'ing awesome. video and page benefits were just a bonus.

• RavenAdonis

RavenAdonis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12180765 - 10 years ago

I sponsored RT because I support what they do, which is provide me entertainment.

After all the money I've saved by illegally downloading music and movies, I figured I would put it to good use.

• OboeCrazy

OboeCrazy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Freelancer

#12180779 - 10 years ago

I sponsored both for the extra content and to help support the RT staff. $10 is such a small amount considering what they offer that it's a great deal, and I feel like I get to help support good creative artists.

• TrunkMonkeey

TrunkMonkeey

#12180818 - 10 years ago

I sponsored to get the videos early and support RT

but when my sponsorship ran out I put it on again because I missed being special smiley0.gif

• ArgonDestroy

ArgonDestroy

#12180828 - 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure the first time I won a sponsorship from someone's contest. I had been wanting to, but since I was 15 and without a credit card, I couldn't. I mainly wanted the videos, so the site extras were a bonus. I've felt like the $10 was worth it, so I've kept renewing since then.

• Rednaz

Rednaz

#12180906 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

To support their revolutionary ideas. Everything else is just extra frosting on the cake.

• JohnBoyle

JohnBoyle

#12180949 - 10 years ago

Extra vids.

• Izzi

Izzi

#12181080 - 10 years ago

Of course I send money as a sponsor and in the store to support the guys, but the main reason for wanting to be a sponsor was for the extra videos and the podcast. Definitely the podcast.

• iamcevrus2

iamcevrus2

#12181160 - 10 years ago

I sponsored so that the staff can keep the site as up to date as possible so that it doesn't crash as often. I understand we've been getting some new servers and some added bandwith, so I know it's been going to relatively good use.

• PsycoJoe

PsycoJoe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bring it!

#12181259 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

If it was something else not on the list, what was it?

I felt like it.

• Dman82

Dman82

#12181449 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

I sponsored for 2 reasons.

1.) So RT can keep doing what they do best.

2.) All of the above perks. smiley7.gif

• Shabobble

Shabobble FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Extra Life

#12181599 - 10 years ago

To support the drunks down in Texas, and because the community on this site is awesome.

• Jimmerz

Jimmerz

#12181673 - 10 years ago

In the hope that the site wouldn't go away the way Drunk Gamers did.

• badgerW

badgerW

#12181977 - 10 years ago

I did it for the high rezulz.

• MissZahrah

MissZahrah FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12182085 - 10 years ago

... just to show my support. smiley1.gif

• Horsemen4War

Horsemen4War

#12182159 - 10 years ago

I didn't sponsor until a few months ago. Was with RvB on the old forums. For some reason i deleted my original account for this one, dunno. The main reason i guess is becuase RedvsBlue is great and I've got countless laughs out of the series, and...i kind felt guilty for not giving back in some way, and 20 bucks a year to keep RvB going is well worth the money!

Post edited 3/03/09 9:35PM

• republicrat

republicrat

#12182173 - 10 years ago

I sponsored a long time ago (like for a few years) because RvB really helped me cope with some rough stuff a few years back, it was good to have something imaginative and funny to keep me occupied. Now I just continue to do so out of gratitude really. Thanks RT for all the laughs!

• Dadgbe

Dadgbe

#12182298 - 10 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

Reconstruction, Chapter 16.

• John117_MC

John117_MC

#12182352 - 10 years ago

Well, my most recent was a gift sponsorship I believe. I don't watch the videos, so I guess the only reason for my sponsorship is to be able to see my mod history, log, and to edit. The mod history is the thing that bugs me most when I don't have a sponsorship. I like to see which posts of mine people enjoyed.

• comrade693

comrade693

#12182520 - 10 years ago

hobbie

(In reality, I can't recall the last time I actually payed for my sponsorship...)

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#12182666 - 10 years ago

I sponsored for pretty much everything.

But mostly because RT is great.

• Der1cho

Der1cho FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12182718 - 10 years ago

I sponser Roosterteeth as they've kept my sanity at a comfortable level for society.

Also for the HD and sponser exclusive vids and all of the above.