Forums > FIRST Members

If Rooster Teeth hired you!

Posts (594)

• BAHallin

BAHallin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722025 - 1 year ago

Is it even a question? Who wouldn't say yes. But as far as the job, I'd love to work with the writing team and help come up with different ideas for new shows and series. It would be a blast. 

• Priest

Priest FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold NonSequitur OCC Consular

#33722035 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bhall9210

I probably wouldn’t say yes. I doubt they would pay me what I make, and the hours would be more hectic. I’m old, and work-life balance is more important to me now than it was 20 years ago.

• jazzykatz

jazzykatz Coffee Addict

#33723046 - 1 year ago

I play games as good as Lindsay, but I can't do anything else (currently), if I was shown how to do things I have the capability to learn quickly and I would be able to do crap pretty well. If they somehow hired me, I'd accept. Because it's practically one of those dream jobs I'd never get unless I was really lucky. The biggest thing that would stop me is my social anxiety and the fact that I'm not on social media at all. I don't really know why I'd be hired, because... idk. I'm good at whatever I put my mind to.

• SolomonRex

SolomonRex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Solomonrex.net

#33724517 - 1 year ago

Any idea of the typical time period between the automatic acknowledgement of your application and their response? Not that they're obligated to respond or anything, I have just been on tenderhooks for a week. What do y'all think? 

• SolomonRex

SolomonRex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Solomonrex.net

#33725278 - 1 year ago

It's quite a while, at this point. I think I have my answer. *mournful violin*

• cgbish7

cgbish7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ApatheticYoda

#33725580 - 1 year ago

In reply to Digit_AU I would probably accept, I live in NC right now and would love a change of scenery at some point in my life. My family moved here from Chicago when I was 13 so it's getting to be about that time where I make a big change. In terms of what I would do, I'm in marketing so I would work in that department, I've done events before but my real passion is in creating marketing content like videos, blogs, and social media engagement tactics. Ideally I want to move into a more strategic role soon. Good question! 

• DGilabert

DGilabert

#33725864 - 1 year ago

If there was a Risk Management department, I'd apply in a heart beat. I current work with commercial insurance and I love it. However, I would love to work at Rooster Teeth because I love the entertainment industry and the work this amazing company produces. 

• SolomonRex

#33726778 - 1 year ago

I actually got a response today. Twas a "no" but it was still something. So it can take about 2-3 weeks to hear back, if anyone is wondering. 

• gamingbelow

gamingbelow FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727045 - 1 year ago

I've spent the last few years as a unix sysadmin doing fleet management work for creatives. i.e. ( You have X number of computers and want them to work without needing to spend a ton of time working on each one by hand ). Basically, I automate stupid things that I'm too lazy to want to do by hand. 

Managed the same for a few print studios and post production shops, so an animation dept would line up with that. And there are worse places to relocate to than Austin. We'd need to talk logistics, but I'd probably accept. I could also do the work remote, but RT looks like a fun place to work, so that's a factor. 

• orkmanog

orkmanog FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PrezofPez

#33727105 - 1 year ago

I would say yes and I’d have to take over as director of moon based operations (sorry Gus)

• Galacon28

Galacon28 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Hi

#33727271 - 1 year ago

In reply to Digit_AU I`d want to be either in community relations and outreach since that is what I do mostly for organizations I work with in college right now. Or would like to work for their in-house counsel for as part of their legal team since I am doing law as my focus, either way it would be a blast! 

• Mudgernz

Mudgernz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Benjamin

#33727337 - 1 year ago

I'd literally pick up and move from New Zealand to be a writer for RT. I'd literally drop uni for it. These guys have the only job I've ever wanted like that and no matter the stress im sure it comes with, no doubt in my mind the good times are tenfold worth it.

• Thermoblade

Thermoblade FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Joshuagrapher

#33728908 - 1 year ago

In reply to Digit_AU 

I'm sure i'm echoing what has been said by plenty of you lovely people, but I would literally drop everything for an opportunity like that. I'm a bit of a latecomer to the RT scene, but I've been making videos since before I was old enough to be a Pokemon trainer. To work on a film set is currently my biggest goal long-term, and I've had the privilege of working with some other local filmmakers on smaller projects here and there (as well as producing a short film of my own called "Lost and Found" last year) and to work with Rooster Teeth on one of their more cinematic projects would actually be perfect. I don't think there's any experience that could top that. But if not something like that, I'd be happy manning cameras, doing editing work, or even just a set worker and schlepping equipment.

So to answer your question, in a word, yes. ^_^

• Lithiumlips

Lithiumlips Alison [Dutch Nickel]

#33729401 - 1 year ago

If RT hired me, I'd be a little blown away. I'm fairly new to the forums, so my presence hasn't yet registered amongst the masses. That's why I'm poking around on here, especially since it can (hopefully) get out the name of the YouTube channel that I share with my best friend, 'Dutch Nickel Gaming!' We invested in new technology and recording software and only started just yesterday, but we're hard workers and excited for the future. As my role, aside from recording, involves media communication, marketing, and eventual merchandise, I would hope to be in the merchandising team at RT if I were ever hired. Either that, or push our channel to a healthy viewer base and join the RT Gaming community!

• izenmann

izenmann

#33730501 - 1 year ago

Oh, I definitely would.

I go to college in Irving, so that puts me at least within 30 minutes of ScrewAttack in Dallas (a normal Texas commute), and would probably work on voice acting and/or writing. I'm sure I could manage to write the snippets of dialogue in the Death Battles, and my range of voices is acceptable, probably, maybe, potentially.

• CandidCamzy

CandidCamzy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gentleman Adventurer

#33730516 - 1 year ago

In reply to izenmann ScrewAttack is no longer in Dallas.

• Danishpanda

Danishpanda FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold A danish sunbeam

#33732261 - 1 year ago

Without hesitation. True, Austin summers would kick my pale behind and i would give up free health care. But it would be great. Im a service worker. So i might work as a *sigh* janitor or something like that. Or maybe, just maybe i could be an intern  

• Black-Shawl

Black-Shawl FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734811 - 1 year ago

I want my career in life to be a writer. To me it honestly feels like it is the one thing I truly love to the point that I want to build my entire life around it. In that thread I have 2 major career goals.

1: To have my own animated show, that I have had stuck in my head for years, produced by Rooster Teeth.

2: To write something with Miles Luna.

With the creative freedom and support I have seen Rooster Teeth give it's writers and content creators, I feel that they would be the perfect company to help me make a story that I want to pour my heart and soul in to. Also Miles Luna has been a big inspiration to me not only as a writer but as a person so to be able to bounce ideas off of him and make something would be truly special to me. Given the opportunity to work for Rooster Teeth in any capacity I would take it in a heartbeat and move to America. Doesn't matter the job, I would work endlessly to prove my worth. On that point I frequently look at the careers page for openings that I think I would be capable of doing in the hopes that this will be achieved. Can't get to where you want without moving in the right direction.

I truly hope that one day I can work for them because I know that it would be the beginning of an incredibly important chapter of my life.

• DickDoesGames

DickDoesGames FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748463 - 8 months ago

As long as the salary and benefits were equal/greater than what I am getting now... And if they brought my whole team on. Can't leave my boys behind.

What I would do is run my team under the Rooster Teeth umbrella and help enhance everything that is put in front of me 'cause that's what I do. Dick... does... everything!