Forums > FIRST Members

First episode of Rwby?

Posts (19)

• XenoFire

XenoFire

#16008956 - 6 years ago

What did you guys think of the first episode? I thought they did a fantastic job. I had a few issues getting the video to load, but that was probably just the mass amount of people watching it, or my internet smiley4.gif

I think RT is doing great as they move forward, and I have a feeling this trend will continue with them for a long while now. What are your thoughts?

• yelnocp

yelnocp FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TNETENNBA

#16008991 - 6 years ago

I found the RWBY thread for you smiley8.gif

• XenoFire

XenoFire

#16009011 - 6 years ago

Oh, I looked here because I wanted sponsor opinions haha, didn't see one so I thought I would post one smiley8.gif

I will keep tabs there though, thanks smiley0.gif

• yelnocp

yelnocp FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TNETENNBA

#16009015 - 6 years ago

In reply to XenoFire, #3:

I considered that, but there are sponsors talking about it in the other thread too. Consolidation and all!

• XenoFire

XenoFire

#16009025 - 6 years ago

In reply to yelnocp, #4:

I see haha, Danke for the link.

• TomBoman

TomBoman

#16009341 - 6 years ago

First episode left me wanting more aha

• TomBoman

TomBoman

#16009669 - 6 years ago

In reply to UltimaJenko, #7:

Its hard not to like anything from roosterteeth :)

• XenoFire

XenoFire

#16009774 - 6 years ago

In reply to TomBoman, #8:

Yeah haha, he has a good point smiley8.gif

• josh

josh Canuck

#16010766 - 6 years ago

I thought it was enjoyable. I'm not an anime fan in the slightest and I'm really only tuning in to support RT but it certainly has good production values.

• KingBearMan

KingBearMan

#16011158 - 6 years ago

I havent checked it out yet but I will today. Does anyone know where I can find the Video that caused Monty to get hired? I heard good stuff about it, I never really got into RvB but Im tempted to start from the beginning haha.

• josh

josh Canuck

#16011249 - 6 years ago

In reply to KingBearMan, #12:

I havent checked it out yet but I will today. Does anyone know where I can find the Video that caused Monty to get hired? I heard good stuff about it, I never really got into RvB but Im tempted to start from the beginning haha.

Ask and you shall receive.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

• KingBearMan

KingBearMan

#16011253 - 6 years ago

In reply to josh, #13:

Much appreciated thanks! smiley0.gif

• COMlC_SANS

COMlC_SANS FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16011558 - 6 years ago

Here was how RWBY has worked out for me:

1. Heard about the concept, thought it sounded cool, then thought, "It's Rooster Teeth, it'll turn out amazing."

2. Watched all the trailers as they came out, and for the most part thought they were great. Occasionally I wondered how well it would work as a narrative, and how the voice acting would be in the final product... and little technical stuff like that. Then I thought "It's Rooster Teeth, it'll turn out amazing."

3. Watched episode one, and seriously, that sentence says it all.

"It's Rooster Teeth, it'll turn out amazing."

I'm constantly and consistently impressed at the level of quality shows and entertainment that this group of people pumps out, and RWBY is just another example of that. It's another great show added to an already top-notch entertainment site, and I seriously can't wait to see where it goes next! (Hoping for more Blake, that character seems very interesting)

• robinjava

robinjava FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16011783 - 6 years ago

Ideally enjoyed it and I didn't think that I would at all, I am not a fan of anime. The only anime I've ever enjoyed was samurai champloo and when I was younger DBZ and Pokemon.

I'm really to see where this show goes!

• johnathangib

johnathangib

#16011803 - 6 years ago

Loved the first episode. I wonder where this plot will take us...

• Muse

Muse FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16012142 - 6 years ago

Right off the bat, what I've seen so far has shown a lot of promise, but I'm reserving judgement until I've been allowed to see more.

When I saw the 'Red' trailer, I was hooked. Cute girl with a massive, awesome combi-weapon that saw her kick serious werewolf ass, Monty Oum style? Colour me intrigued, RT.

Though I'll admit that the rest of the buildup to this series did cause me to pause and wonder if this was such a good idea. After watching the Black and Yellow trailers, I had my doubts as to the way things were going. However, it was not for what I saw, but what I heard.

Yes, it is a topic that has most likely been argued to death, but the voice acting did jar me slightly. Call it shallow, but any animated or machinma series has to have a strong VA cast to carry it and breath life into the characters they portray. Were those just the first takes? Most likely. Was the final product going to have improved lines? Definitely. And yet it was something I was going to focus on more than anything else unfortunately.

And so I'm very glad to say that the first episode was able to cast the doubts I had about the VA's aside. Barbara already proved herself that she and Yang are pretty much the same and thank goodness Lindsay isn't as squeaky anymore. The rest of the cast I've heard so far have also been up to scratch with what we can expect from RT with a lovely unexpected cameo by Jen Taylor to get us going.

And so that allowed me to take in the rest of what was offered. Of course there was the initial fight to help set the scene and help introduce our shadowy antagonists, giving us enough info about the world lore and 'dust' to give us a brief idea without drowning us in exposition and some much-needed character interaction, setting up the plot nicely.

Stuff I can nit-pick? The drawn-animated section in the airship was a little jarring to see, I suppose...

Awesome Monty-driven fight scenes aside, I do want to see how well this series is able to carry the story based on what happens in between the gun-scyth stuff. With Miles at the writers helm and with his track record in RvB, I'm sure we're in for a good ride, but again we need to wait and see.

I'm pleased RT has decided to do something so different to what so many of us have come to expect, but worried that it may not be as dazzling as many may hope it to be.

However, it is very early days and we've yet to get into the nitty-gritty. A few more episodes and we'll see what Monty, Miles and co. have in store for all of us.

tl;dr - First I was like smiley3.gif then I was all like smiley1.gif but gotta wait for when I can be like smiley0.gif or smiley2.gif

• Pandoro

Pandoro

#16012683 - 6 years ago

Personally, I enjoyed it immensely, it's a great mix of action and story. Go Monty.

• PonceTebowie

PonceTebowie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Zetsuboushita

#16014148 - 6 years ago

The opening is better than I thought it would be. When something gets so much hype it tends to feel like a disappointment, that wasn't the case this time. I am waiting to see more action scenes, though, since that is what caught my attention all those months ago. While the show may have humor, the voice acting is a little lack luster to me. I understand that they aren't all professional voice actors, and that is fine, but a show needs strong voice acting to carry it.

There are times that a show has a character that has a voice that doesn't seem like it has a voice that could possibly be produced by that character, and RWBY I'm afraid, has that.
    I am definitely going to continue to watch it for now since the story and animation is interesting enough to grab me.

• AHpfcljtibbs

AHpfcljtibbs FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16031285 - 6 years ago

Not gonna lie that is one of the reasons why I went to RTX. Freaking epic!